Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes

Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
My experience was mostly positive working for Aldo, the pay was good, job duties were good, you could apply your own creativity in some ways, always something to do, learned a lot about sales. However there were a couple things that really left a bad taste in my mouth about this company. I made a pros and cons list. But for me specifically I was promised a promotion and asked to do a lot of work outside of my job description to *prepare* me for my promotion. However it was just to get me to do extra work for less pay, and they promoted someone much less qualified that was friends with the person handling the promotion. And after I resigned which I did very nicely, they never answered and have just completed ghosted me now. Which is not the end of the world but it says a lot about the company. I only recommend working here if you're looking for a job during school, or are ok with no movement internally.

Pros

50% Off discount

Not a high stress job

Mostly friendly customers

Flexible schedules

Good starting wages *only for Asst Mgr and up*

Cons

Rarely give employees raises. What you're hired at is most likely what you'll stay at your whole time being employed with Aldo.

Will feed you false promises to make you stay

Promote based on favouritism not job performance

The sales director for majority of Canada is very entitled and looks down on people, and isn't very friendly a lot of the time. She is hard to work for.

Fire people for ridiculous reasons.
I absolutely loved my time at Aldo. Definitely my favourite job I’ve ever had. My coworkers and management was great. Incentives were good and I felt valued as an employee.
Management are bullies. They say they will coach you but they do nothing. They give you unrealistic sales targets and treat employees badly. No positive coaching, they tell everyone they are replaceable. Lead manager talks behind everyone's back and in a different language so you can't understand what she is saying
I enjoyed meeting the people that I did throughout my time there, but the lunches were only half an hour when we were working 9-10 hour days. I was constantly exhausted.
Pros
mediocre staff
Cons
poor work from head office
une ambiance décontracté et compétitive , travaille d’équipe
Si vous ne voulez pas grandir dans votre emploi, faire rire de vous et vous faire promettre des choses qui n’arriveront pas c’est l’emploi pour vous!!! J’ai 10 ans d’expériences et ça été de loin le pire emploi que j’ai eu! Très mauvaise direction!
Superiors couldnt care any less of their employees. There is NO training program or structure for the employees. They just put you on the floor to work, not ideal for someone who do not have experience in retail world.The fact that there is barely support when it comes to managing. There is always a change in staff and management; this is the location i worked at Marche Central Aldo
Superiors couldn't care less about their employees. Firing people for inadequate reasons.

Not giving hours to people whom they've just hired because they find them not as productive but not having proof or any kind of assessment to prove this fact; Favoritisme.

Theres is nothing protecting the employees. This company do not want to invest in cameras for this store, so employees are subject to being blamed for losses of the store without the burden of any proof.

Hours are badly managed. Either too little staff to handle the whole store so they would call people to come in on their days off’s or too much staff.

Employees do not have commissions. Only the managers get a bonus.

I was expecting a lot when I started working for this company and it is sad to say it did not at all live up to any of my expectations.
Une journée typique chez Aldo dependence dans l'équipe qui travaille vraiment très relax par des adresses vos faites vous tache.
La direction à beaucoup changée.

Elle a une bonne culture comme entreprise, je ne pas vraiment de problème particulier dans mon travail sauf quand le transporteur ne pas capable se respecte la
Management is discriminatory. You really have to fight your way if you want to advance or get transferred to another department. I had to vent my frustration to our HR which got the attention of my manager and it was only then that I was allowed to get transferred but then they gave me a hard time at the new department.
There’s lots of room for growth and opportunity. The management team is always there for you, there’s lots of support and the benefits are great.
It’s a faced paced and demanding job but it’s very rewarding with lots of incentives. I’d honestly recommend the job to everyone.
Good Company to work for has good benefits good culture good people although neglected a little bit in Remote areas has good views on love integrity and respect in the workplace the vision is clear work easy
I’ve been working with Aldo for 13 years. The company is consistently growing. Upper management is relatable and treats you as a person and not a number. I had the opportunity to go to school as a manager and tuition and books were paid for.
Pros
People, growth, learning
Overlapping processes are disorganized, each department is targeting only it's own positive statistic. Very politic. The best comparison to create clear understanding is "Game of Trons" series. But is good place to get experience. Also many good people. Flexible hours.
Une des pires entreprises en terme de gestion et de promesse non fondés. Aucun respect de la part du supérieur avec un ego surdimensionner ou on ne peux absolument rien dire, aucune aide de sa part même en essayant d'améliorer les choses. Je déconseille fortement . Avec une promesse de 40h/semaine que je n'est jamais perçus. Environnement hypocrite, égoïste.
Nice and easy place to work. You get to work with great staff and it's a clean place with music and lots of good merchandise from shoes accessories,hand bags etc
Très belle expérience de 7 années au sein du groupe Aldo avec évolution permanente
Long hours, minimum pay. Very competitive. Be sure to know your manager. Work hard. Network as much as you can. Advancement opportunities are minimal. Goodluck!
Worse job ever have in my own life ! Nothing to say more then that.
Pros
Discount, staffs
Cons
Paie, direction, hours
Greeting customers
Explaining merchandise benefits

Replenishing items on shelves

The hardest part for me, it was the knowledge that fewer and fewer people buy things in stores as sites like Amazon take over the world. That enough of our work can be automated sufficiently to allow employers to lay off good people and close down low volume location

I enjoyed interacting with the customers
Un endroit désastreux où nous sommes tous des numéros! Après le chagement de superviseur ce printemps mon intérêts pour ce travail à complètement changé. Changement de personnel incroyable! Pas surprenant par contre!! Aucun soutient! Dans la boutique l'équipe de vente était agréable, j'y ai fait de belles rencontres. Après plus de 3 ans pour cette compagnie je suis heureuse de ne plus y retourner.
Pros
Équipe de vente
Cons
Salaire, superviseur
I thought I would love selling shoes at Aldo, but it turns out it’s not what I imagined. The worst part for me is selling shoe care. The managers take it too seriously & it’s too much pressure. If you’re not a competitive person, this job is not for you.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Shoe care, long hours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8