Alcon Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1,030 reviews
Progressive, Innovative, Supportive
Ocular Specialist Representative (Former Employee) –  misses18 June 2018
A progressive company that believes in training their employees to be the best in class. Believes in a strong work ethic but promotes a healthy work life balance. Promotes from within and competitive salary / benefit package.
Pros
Excellent compensation package, Promotes from within, Leaders in ocular care, Unmatched training and mentoring
Cons
n/a
A progressive medium sized pharmaceutical company that invested and promoted leadership and professional management.
Supervisor, Planning and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
Alcon encouraged and promoted superior leadership skills and training. This was my first job after graduating from college and ultimately promoted from production planner to Supervisor of Production Planning and Inventory Control also responsible for Purchasing. Great experience and launched me successfully in many management and leadership roles.
Pros
Recognition and Advancement
Cons
Long hours sometimes leading to stress.
light and productive
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
There is no hard part to where I'm currently working. I put pre-package contact lenses into a box that customer order. The job is very light and easy the work place culture is cool and inviting.
it was a great place to work before novartis bought the company
Accounts Payable/ Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 May 2017
my experience started pretty good the people, the place they even have a gym, however when Novartis took over all that went down the drain, coming in was so hard the management was really difficult.
Cons
being 3rd party there is no perks, no summer hours nothing
typical day at work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
come in do the work and get out.
the food was great the meals are inexpensive.
management was great, be ready to be replaced if you don't meet there expectations without notice.
Flexible environment with opportunities to gain knowledge
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
Very flexible environment with a lot of cross training enabling you to gain enormous knowledge to the benefit of the clients.
Great Company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
Wonderful Management
Reasonable salaries
Great team leaders
Work culture needs to be interactive
Meeting Facilities are amazing
Customer Services Reps are cooperative internally
Pros
Moving and promoted from within
Cons
work culture
.good knowledge
Surgical/pharmaceutical (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2016
good knowledge, great people. relax work enviro. lots of help, free breaksfast on fridays. caf on site, small basic gym. coffee machines everywhere.
Pros
Cons
pay
Alcon
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  2665 meadowpine blvd, mississauga27 January 2016
taking inbound calls, processing order, credit and debit. Filling up application for new account, tracking deliveries etc
Pros
good environment
Cons
contract
Nice culture and work environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2015
Assisting health professionals over the phone with their request and providing excellent customer service. I brought my multi task skills to another level . Nice management, very professional and help associate to work independently but always as a team.
Hardesrt part is when the system shut down ,we have to work on order entry manually, this is also the most enjoyable part of the job because it help to develop listening skills and helping hand writing faster.

Want to know more about Alcon?

Ask a question
Great co-workers, fantastic product
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2015
I enjoyed working for Alcon. It was exciting to be part of an extraordinary fast advancing field as is the eye care industry. My co-workers and I had a great working relationship and all worked well as a team. A typical day would be to enter incoming orders, answer all customer inquiries, follow up and track orders often providing POD .
The work / life balance was very well respected and the company offered a great benefit package.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
This was a consultant position, a new type of job, at the time, in the country
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Romania6 October 2015
This is no longer applicable.

I was using my own car to cover a 300square km area - not exactly an easy task (no express ways). Always on the road.
No other comments
Pros
good pay in local currency
Cons
no family time
Alcon Pharma en transition vers la culture de Novartis
Territory manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal31 July 2015
Alcon est en transition suite à son achat par Novartis. La culture et les façons de faire de Novartis sont en train d'être intégrés à cette cie ce qui fait que l'environnement de travail est parfois difficile et peu humain. Très axée sur la gestion suisse qui est la rentabilité! Plusieurs produits en voie d'être génériques ce qui se tranduit en rédution de dépenses et donc d'employés.
Pros
Domaine thérapeutique intéressant.
Cons
Culture froide et axée sur la rentabilisation.
Relaxed and Friendly environment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario6 February 2015
It's nice to come in to work and start working on projects and reports. Emails and calls are always waiting when i get in to work. Everyone at Alcon are very easy going and great to deal with. My co-workers were cooperative in return and we all team played to get projects completed when necessary.
I've found challenges in working with new guidelines that were incomplete or inconsistent, making the task at hand very difficult.
I enjoyed dealing and assisting my 32 sales reps and 6 regional managers, with so much diversity and wide range of characters, it all made my work a great fun challenge.
Pros
Inhouse Cafeteria, Excellent Pension and Benefits
Cons
inconsistent policies and procedures
Fundamental in gaining the experience needed in order to advance my skills
Logistics Coordinator/AWM Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 October 2014
As a learning and skill building position the job offered all the things that were needed. Company growth and efficiency were always the top of my list for important factors. Communicating and understanding are two factors that were never attained and that made for hardships for me as I am very structured and process oriented. My co-workers where nothing but amazing and we had great team chemistry. Having this made every day feel like a success as we were one big team.

I have learned that you cannot always be heard and promote change but the idea of never giving up and trying has made me a stronger person.
Pros
Subsidized kitchen and overtime availability
Cons
Underappreciated
good people
packaging mecanic (Former Employee) –  mississauga22 October 2014
good place to work,with good people.A typical day at work would be doing change overs and trouble shooting machines
Pros
good lace to work
Cons
shut down
Tech Services Dept
Bilingual Service/Demo Pool Coord/Tech Serv (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2014
I had the opportunity to work in the Tech Services Dept for 18 years and learned a lot about medical devices, customers and had fun doing so.
Pros
Close group/great location/gym/social committee
very productive
Packaging/Filling/Laundry Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario16 June 2014
It's a very nice place to work. It's my second home. I learned a lot from this company. we have a good team & help to each other.
Work is easy to learn and the workplace is state of the art!
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2014
Pretty stereotypical warehouse job if you've ever had one before. As a summer student employee, I was granted all the same responsibilities as a regular full-time employee which helps to develop confidence in workplace abilities.

Beyond that there's an excellent in house cafeteria (really good food with variety and free stuff on Fridays) and fully functional gym to boot!
Pros
Great Manager, in-house cafeteria, in-house gym!
Cons
No potential for advancement
Best place to work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, on14 February 2014
Amazing freedom provided to managers to do their work. Great trainning resources and good opportunities for carrer progression.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon. Our community is ready to answer.

Alcon Reviews by Location