ALCOHOL AND GAMING COMMISSION OF ONTARIO Employee Reviews

something special
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2019
Every employee is treated like the company is in their hands. The management is extremely driven and works towards the success of their staff through mentoring.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
early mornings
productive and enjoyable work space
Eligibility Assessment Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2019
Great staff, management is helpful and resources full, their is room to grow your skills and new knowledge to acquire almost on a daily bass. Good work culture.
Great place to work, if you can get past the contracts
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
Too much emphasis on contract positions there. But pay is decent, and work is interesting.

Management for the most part is really knowledgable, nice and caring. They truly want you to succeed. There are a few bad apples, but that's in every organization.
Work Environment
Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Extremely friendly work environment. Some staff has been there for over 20 years. Definitely a place to consider a permanent career as it offers stability.
Pros
Set work hours. Anything beyond is paid in overtime.
Cons
Not easy to get into.
Great Staff, Management Could be better
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
People are very friendly and helpful at this location. Co-workers were great to work with.

However, this branch experiences high turnover rates and there is a lot of office politics.

Not very welcoming to recent grads looking for a start in their career.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Few Opportunities for Advancement
Job Satisfaction
Slot Operations Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Innisfil & Toronto, Ontario3 March 2015
I enjoy a big challenge. I like to get things done or fix what problems are outstanding. I'm fearless and will take on the most difficult of tasks. I enjoy employee interaction and do not consider myself a boss until I have to. I pride myself in keeping everyone in the loop. I do not work under the premiss that keeping what I know to myself in case someone chooses to use it. If it helps then I'm all for it. Everyone deserves to be treated in their own way and it is my job to find out what that is. then communicating becomes easier.
Pros
Hard working
Cons
Cant put my work down
Good Staff, Good Life and Balance work space
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2014
Great Place to Work,
Great environment, Great Benefit,
but Management is only works if you know how to do buttering and to your Manager.
New worker feel struggle to adjust as Work politics are on very high level.
Pros
Good Place to work, Stable Environment, Good Employer
Cons
Bad Management, Management do not like change
Very Knowledgeable
AGCO Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario11 November 2014
Inspect various locations for alcohol infractions, such as underage drinking and serving liquor after hours.
Pros
Lots of Experience
Cons
Late Hours
A comfortable work environment
Eligibility Assessment Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2014
An welcoming environment. Friendly co-workers. Learning something new on a daily basis from fellow co-workers.An overall amazing work environment on a daily basis.
interesting patrons with their stories and good co-workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Ontario5 February 2014
On a typical day at work I can count on that I will have to sign out keys from a cage and coin supervisor to escort money from a secured bank area with other employee's, to fill ABM- Automated Bank Machine, CTR- Customer Ticket Redemption Machine, AJM- Automated Jackpot Machine for employee's only. I will have to sign in visitors to the site to fix office machine's, and fill vending and pop machines. I will have to ask patrons who appear 30 years of age and under for Governement Photo Identification in order to access the gaming floor, and I will have to stop any individual who appears intoxicated by way of alcohol or other substances. I enjoy working with the management team and seeing what new promations they are working on. I enjoy working with my co-workers and hearing what they have done on their time off and what up coming vacation's they have planned. I hardest part of my job is to stop access to the facility to patrons who have volunteered to take the step of self-excluding themselves from all OLG Gaming sites and try to enter.
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the patrons that visit the site and to see how they are doing.
Pros
Free Gaming Licence, free parking, free safety shoes or boots every year.
Cons
Have to stay on site for lunch and don't get paid. no pay raise in 7 years, as other amenities rise but our pay stays the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALCOHOL AND GAMING COMMISSION OF ONTARIO. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5