Alchemy Employee Reviews

Confusing place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Jersey24 January 2019
It's a warehouse and the owner is a micro manger. Staff is usually not completely clear about the workday ahead. Owner will call an employee to the carpet in front of staff.
Pros
Hours 8AM-4PM
Cons
No structure
Lucrative and upbeat
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN12 December 2018
Upbeat, fast paced, and lots of money to be made. I started working at Alchemy to pay my way through college. Management is very understanding and will work with your schedule.
Pros
Amazing staff and management
Productive and fun workplace
Global Recruitment Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Braintree24 September 2018
friendly staff, great managers, great workplace culture. Everyone helps each other out to achieve and overall goal of business success. Training is always available no matter how long you have been there, if you need help - you will get it if you ask.
Quirky gastro-pub, fun but lacking in management
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO8 August 2018
Alchemy fits right in on the West Side and in OCC as a quirky, exciting, and different gastro-pub. The customers range from tourists and local hipsters to cult-following regulars. Drinks and food are above average. The building itself is outdated and needs a deep clean. Major issue with being an employee here is poor management style. Team is great but rules are not enforced meaning hard work is not expected or rewarded.
No Complaints
Authorized Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  PA19 July 2018
You just have to be prepared to work only for commission.
But you have a lot of power of when and how you make your money, so you really take control of your career.
Ok
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk22 May 2018
Small company but good work life balance with flexibility to work half days if necessary. Salary is ok but could be better and pension scheme is poor...
I worked with Alchemy for 30yrs. Closed now
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk27 February 2018
I worked as part time bar staff but closed now. During this time I gained a lot of experience working with people. I set up function suite for parties, weddings etc
Relaxing and communal
Sales Representative, Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA6 February 2018
♣ Purchase materials and products from international manufacturers
♣ Increased sales each month during the 2017 fiscal year
♣ Effectively and efficiently manage supply chain processes and distribution channels
Coffee shop
Proprietor (Current Employee) –  Calicut, Kerala15 January 2018
Musical based coffee shop. A coffee shop run by my husband . I assist him at the front office . Located at the beach side . The main attraction is that we have live bands performing . I take care of the front desk. produce bill to the customers . keep a track of the items to be purchased. take care of the account section .
Awesome
College Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN24 November 2017
The workplace culture was phenomenal. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. The instructors are also great. They get the most out of you in each workout.
Great company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bath11 September 2017
I loved working under alchemy, they were a good company to work for, if I ever had any issues at rotork where I cleaned for them, they would sort it, wages were always correct, gave me paterntity leave without quarrel when I had my first child and let me take more time off because my partner had caesarean.

good team
Was a productive, supportive and fun workplace
Director & Company Secretary (Former Employee) –  North West4 July 2017
This organisation was wound up in 2010.

Whilst working there it was very rewarding and fun. There were several programmes developed to help underprivileged people in gaining skills, employment and training to improve their lives - welfare and wellbeing.

Productive links were developed with employers in the public, private and voluntary sectors.

The Board of Directors worked on a voluntary basis and wre committted to help and support human growth and development.

Public Funding was necessary for continuity, organisational growth and development. An ambitious funding bid failed prior to the organisation's winding up in 2010.
Pros
Public acknowledgement and praise
Cons
Great workplace for those who love social media
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle6 April 2017
This job requires to deal with a lot of IT associated work, a lot of the time is spent online, posting on FB pages and working with programs that help to keep the traffic of potential costumers coming.
Pros
Self-managed time
Cons
Responsibility
Irish pub
Chef (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO5 March 2017
I don't agree with how this business is run, conflicts in opinion with the owner. I will not be supporting this business.
giornata lavorativa
Stage estivo (Former Employee) –  Altedo, Emilia-Romagna17 February 2017
Analisi chimiche del materiale in arrivo, in uscita, delle vernici e pigmenti sperimentali.
not good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Electronics City, Karnataka17 October 2016
good but not very good . alchemy solutions in life not grow up . there no rules no time . but i work full time 8.00 am to 8 pm . i love my work . but not give credit.
They are closed now
Bartender/Wine Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA28 September 2016
Alchemy was a labor of love. I got hired there before they even opened as did many of us. We even helped complete construction, and we all lived in the neighborhood. It was started with the best of intentions and it really hit it's stride after about a year. I accepted the position of Wine Director when I was totally green and fresh out wine school. It was a great opportunity. After 3 years of being open management kind of had an identity crisis and began altering the menu in a drastic way. Business slowed and there was no chance I would ever be fairly compensated for the time I was putting into the wine program. I moved on and they closed down 2 years later. Sometimes I feel like abandoned them, but I had to pay my ever-increasing San Diego rent.
Set your own hours and treated as an adult.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA14 September 2016
Alchemy, Inc. is a company that favors individuals looking for short term assignments while their life may be in transition. They work in education and training, corporate and public companies looking to help their internal and external clients prepare for increased performance.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Short term assignments
Lot of Learning, enthusiastic place to work!
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Domlur, Bengaluru7 September 2016
1. Great place to work with where I get self-motivated
2. There was always new things to learn since I keep meeting different people everyday
3. Management are quite flexible
4. Co-workers are very supportive and encouraging.
5. The hardest part is that where I can't predict the job location which keeps changing at any point of time.
6. I enjoy the team meetings, regular interaction with my co-workers and Clients which is most exciting part of my job, taking initiative and managing things alone, outings.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks, outings, management
Cons
work location which cannot be predicted
Acquisitions and Sale of Companies
Controller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA30 August 2016
Got a lot of experience buying and sell companies, purchase accounting and complex financial financial reporting consolidations