Albion Fisheries Employee Reviews

A fast-paced workplace that distributed $15M of seafood per year.
LEAD SEAFOOD PURCHASER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
A typical day at Albion starts with the arrival of a truckload of fresh and frozen seafood. It continues with the sourcing and purchasing/shipping of more seafood (fresh stock turnover is less than 5 days). After that, 100 - 200 orders get picked, packed and distributed throughout Alberta.

My time at Albion taught me the value of having a solid team of coworkers and management when faced with a demanding job Seafood is a fast-paced business, and it cannot be done without constant and thorough communication with suppliers, customers, and teammates. Albion had a terrific team of management and workers in Calgary, and I value the relationships we made there. The people were what made a challenging job not only possible, but enjoyable as well.
Pros
Access to the freshest seafood possible!
Cons
Long, often stressful hours.
Albion was a challenge at times
Warehouse Worker,Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2015
My duties were varied according to the day it was. There was a lot to learn about the computer aspect of the job. Management was hands on and worked along side of the co-workers. Working in the freezers and organizing them was a challenge. Interacting with co-workers and the occasional bbq was nice.
Pros
Medical benefits, christmas party
Cons
Lack of communication, working in the freezers