Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Employee Reviews

Great people, great work ethic.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boyle, AB11 July 2018
It's just like working with family. Very well oiled in the way the company conducts themselves. As well as the way they treat their employees. Although seasonal, it never feels like you miss a beat when you come back through the gate. I learned a lot from the ladies and gentlemen out there. If you get a chance, go for a walk through. Their dedication to the environment alone is amazing.
Pros
Cons
Seasonal
Declining
Pulp Mill Employee (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB23 April 2018
A once great place to work is declining quickly. I made decent money there, but the current Management does not stand behind company's HR policies and allows bullying/mistreatment/harassment to persist. If you are different in ethnicity, religion, gender or political views, you are ostracized. Those that worked here in years past wouldn't recognize the place!
Pros
Great place for Caucasian men to work.
Cons
Not as great for everyone else.
Chemical Recovery Unit Operating Technician (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB20 March 2018
The people are really friendly here. The work is challenging and changing on a daily basis. Well compensated and vacation is pretty good. Opportunity for advancement, the encourage you to better yourself. Great place to work, highly recommend.
Pros
free lunches once a month and facilities are available for recreation use.
Cons
Long hours, location
Enjoyed the different scenery in a job site
Tank Watch (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB7 February 2018
I enjoyed the different scenery in the job site. My first time working in a very structured job was refreshing. I got training on tank watch and gas tester just in case the company needed more gas testers during the shutdown. My duties as a tank watch was to make sure the scaffold workers or cleaners are entering a safe workplace and in case of an emergency it could be my job to get the ambulance there for the workers.
Awesome
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB1 February 2018
Awesome
Best Place to work at the time. Changed Ownership twice since I have been there.
Awesome wages.. can't imagine companies so generous in the future.

What else to say
Pros
Free Lunches
Best place I ever worked
Wood Room Operating Technician (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB28 September 2017
By far the best place to work. Very family oriented and understanding, quality people. Great work / life balance and great atmosphere. If you work here you are lucky.
Hard to advance
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB28 July 2017
Alpac touts how they are looking for new and innovative ideas, that is not my experience. Co-workers are protective of their positions and do not share.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very clicky groups which I consider to not be team players.
Great place for a summer job
Summer and Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB25 January 2017
This was a great place to learn the basics of accounting. It had a great team mentality and people liked to see others grow.
Great working experience
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB26 August 2016
Excellent place to work. Wonderful team members. Felt like family Very good salary offered and terrific benefits. My 17 years of working as Receptionist/Administrative Assistant were better than I could have imagined. Only left due to husband relocating to Fort McMurray.
Great people and good place to work.
Pulp Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  east of Athabasca/north of Boyle14 September 2015
I enjoyed my time here. I was not happy with the constant crew shuffles. You get close with co-workers then your on a new crew. Your friendships soon become almost distant. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Pros
free meals, team functions
Cons
lots of backstabbers
Awesome workplace!
UNIX/Solaris Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB25 January 2015
Best contracting opportunity I have experienced.
However, management and other things have changed over the past decade. Not sure what it's like there now.
The plant has an onsite fishing lake volly ball courts, driving range, and fitness room.
Millwright/welder (Current Employee) –  Boyle, AB10 October 2012
ALPAC is a good company to work for they offer good opportunities for training and upgrading. I have learned the benefits of being able to produce in varied work strategies.
The management is good but are in need of upgrading in some areas.
I don't find any areas of work over taxing.
The most enjoyable aspect of the the freedom of being able to work in a self directed work environment.
Pros
numerous incentives for improving employee relations
Cons
hours are reasonable