Alberta One Call
View all Alberta One Call reviews

Alberta One Call

Alberta One Call Employee Review

Productive and enjoyable place to work

Fair and productive seasonal position. The training is thorough and the work is fast paced. Pay is fair and hours are good, but breaks are structured so not much flexibility.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Alberta one call

Some of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. One of the best working environments I've had the pleasure of being in -- fun work parties/activities/random contests. You always know where you stand performance-wise with the company and they are truly invested in having you succeed. Also, who doesn't love working from home! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Pros

work from home, excellent pay, positive environment, fun work parties, flexible with your schedule, room for advancement

Cons

high call volumes with very little down time in bewtween
Same location

Stressful and Micromanaging.

While the people are the best reason to work here, there is no sense of belonging, while giving some credit to the team leads to trying to include people. You are forced to deal with some pretty cringe memes as they try to stay "hip" with the crowd. While the memes are not necessarily a con, it's more the lack of real community that is within the company. Nobody really knows, or cares who you are at the end of the day. You are just a number, and if you don't give them the numbers they want - you get ignored and socially distanced from.On top of the strong levels of favoritism. Had people in my same training group when I started get offered positions on the chat/support/pager teams. I accept that sure they could be more qualified than I for these positions, the problem lies in there was no offer, suggestion or notion that a person could advance or even train in other regions of the company. Unless you are favored by someone, chances appear to be fairly low. If they base this on your reviews or call qualities this is never stated either.Fair opportunities or at least goals to allow fair training should be available to members to give fair training possibilities to all DPA's. Never knowing if you could or would have the chance to advance is discouraging.Call monitoring and "quality scoring" is strict and stressful. Any time after the required call time you loose points starting at 10 being docked 1 point every 15 seconds. So when it comes to customers who have questions, complaints, concerns, unable to give you enough information to finalize the request, multiple tickets -

Pros

The people are by far the best reason to work here, IF you get to see or talk to them, The hours are decent and generally rotation of hours are fair, Pay is good for what you have to deal with, Working from home.

Cons

High standards for call times under what they consider to be "Quality", Regular call monitoring, Unnecessary micromanagement, No sense of belonging, No additional job opportunities unless you are a favorite, Grumpy Customers
Same location

Amazing people to work with.

If this was full time I would of never ever left. Great place to work and to collaborate with people that share my passion for damage prevention. I really enjoyed going in the small town parades and safety events where there were numerous other exhibits. Like every job that you love the people are a big part of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta One Call. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Alberta One Call Reviews by Location

• Alberta One Call
  • Productive and enjoyable place to work