Alberta Newsprint Company Employee Reviews

Although it used to be a great place to work, it isn't now
Former (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB24 November 2017
Used to be a great place to work until upper and middle management changed from Greenfield. Continually went down hill and now is just another place to work. There is nothing separating it from anywhere else, and the leadership is very poor top down. They are however quite progressive, and that does attest to the fact that they are self-preservationist, since it is no longer economical to make newsprint and they are still finding ways to make ends meet.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Horrible leadership, especially in the maintenance departments
Productive and fun place to work
Manager, Planner & Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB21 November 2017
Amazing company to work for. Surrounded by educated, motivated people. Well Managed and operated. Ownership cares for the employees and gives back to the community.
Pros
Educated group of people
Cons
N/a
Good place to work although poorly managed
Seasonal Paper Machine Hand (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB29 April 2014
Normal day, come in early to relief other summer student. Told what is happening in the plant. Do equipment safety inspections. Co-workers were friendly and helpful to learn from. Learning and advancement was very limited as management would only give access to what I needed to learn and nothing else. (Being put on the paper machine and having a 4th Class power engineering ticket I was wanting to take initiative and learn the pulp side of things) Most enjoyable part of the job was the free meals every few weeks.
Pros
Free meal every few weeks
Cons
Poor management
Wonderful family oriented place to work. Nice professional co-workers.
Receptionist/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB24 March 2014
I usually started my day at ANC by checking phone messages and email messages. Then I would start preparing my Daily Production Report which consisted of production information sent to me daily by Department Managers. Once finished I would photo copy and distribute and also email to managers. I would then open, sort and distribute mail. Prepare any outgoing courier packages and mail. Distribute any incoming courier packages. I would type any corrospondence, memos etc. that has been requested. I would check for any documentation, edit and prepare it for the monthly fincancial report that I prepared using Adobe. I help out where ever needed (AP, filing typing, etc.
My experience was that it is a small business.
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 June 2012
There is limited room for advancement in the business unless there is internal preference. There is a limited amount of vision or seeing the vision through - which is dissapointing.
Pros
the group i was with.
Cons
long hours and salary is not compediative and no room to advance.
Almost too good to be true - hands down the best place I have ever worked - AMAZING Company Culture and Employees.
Sales Account Specialist/Credit and Collections (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, Alberta, Canada2 October 2011
This company is by far the best company I have ever worked for, the keys to thier success would have to be the company culture, the hiring technique, willingness to invest in thier employees success and true commitment to team work. The pay and benefits are excellent and good work/life balance.

Don't take my word for it. The turnover rate is extremely low. I would be there today if I had not relocated back to the United States.
Pros
casual but productive work environment., great pay and benefits, 37.5 hour full time work week, fun and educational team building training
Cons
located outside the united states

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Newsprint Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Alberta Newsprint Company Reviews by Location