ALBERTA MOTOR PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

Excellent stepping stone
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 July 2018
Great introductory to the automotive business. From here, options are unlimited. Career advancement is abundant. Very interesting job and would work for this employer again.
Service/Tire and Lube Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2018
Great environment, this dealership has since changed to Summit GM. I'm not sure what the environment is like since the change of ownership but AMP was an overall great workplace.
Fast paced and fun
Assistant Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 August 2017
Good family run business. Owner looked after employees. The staff was very friendly and fun to work with, everyone helped each other. This was a very fast paced environment to work in but it was fun.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 September 2016
This was for sure one of the best places I have ever worked. From the owner/operator to sales, service to all other areas. We gave our customers the best possible service we could. Each and every day was a joy to go into work and see my fellow co-workers. I am the baker in our shop so once a week staff and customers would be treated to home baking
Pros
Great job
Awesome place to work
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB9 July 2016
Alberta Motor Products was an awesome place to work very structured but then I was sold and was not the same anymore every went sideways.
Pros
Very structed very human employer
Cons
Store was sold
Not a fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 May 2016
The management team seem to take special interest in certain employees and see to it they are taken care of while the other 75% of the guys in the shop have to really work hard with long hours and be constantly looking over there shoulder to make a min pay cheque due to the Flat Rate Pay System.Most of your day is doing up estimates and trying to sale work, the time spent doing this is not paid for,or doing a warrenty repair job that will only pay you for less than haft the time that it is actually possible of doing it in.
Pros
Cons
Every one disgruntled
Very enjoyable place to work.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 December 2015
I was very happy working at Alberta Motor products.Met new friends and all staff worked together to provide a very successful work experience.
One thing that I learned was "walk in the other person:s shoes" when faced with a decision.
The company provided gym and golf memberships to all employees which was greatly appreciated.
Pros
excellent working conditions with gym and golf memberships.
Cons
no cons
Great place to work with gym benefits.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 December 2015
AMP is a great place to work-Management is excellent from the top /down.
All employees great to work with.
I learned to be honest and always smile.
I got great satisfaction from making a customer very happy with our services provided.
The hardest part of the job was having to call a customer the second time with a revised estimate that was more expensive.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
no cons
work
benefits were okay
salary was bad
long shifts
BodyShop Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 April 2014
lots if days you would work a 13 hour shift at short notice. for example go in on your shift and then be asked to stay till closing.
Amazing workplace with amazing people.
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray14 March 2014
If your a hard worker you will be moved up and taken care of, The main President of company always shows a presence each and every day and will not hesitate to say hello and ask how your day is, Amazing people to work with and work for !
Pros
Bonuses, Job advancement
Cons
Not applicaple
Fast paced environment
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2013
A day at work is fun and challenging, I would first work in the Parts Department on the scrapping part of my day. I will take all of the discarded parts and toss them according to when they were paid in full. Keeping all of the parts in an organized manner. Making new spreadsheets accordingly. I would then return to my office and submit the warranty claims to GM via Web Suite. Adding the totals and then entering them into the program. After they are paid in full, I would provide accounting with the completed credit memo, and post all the final totals in credit memo. I truly enjoy this part of my day. I enjoy the focus I have while working with numbers.
Pros
Great people and a positive environment
Cons
Working with dirty car parts
not the place to make a career
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Macmurray2 July 2013
All aspects of AMP are old school. pay checks instead of direct deposit. Standing in line at the bank for your entire lunchhour so you can pay your bills etc... Fun. Smelly old building to work in. shop foremen not people friendly. Flat rate in a slow shop doesnt pay the bills in fort mac. You get the picture...
Pros
a good start to go somewhere else
Cons
everything except your last day