Alberta Motor Association

Alberta Motor Association Employee Reviews

Canada83 reviews
Working at AMA, the people are fantastic to work with, however the pay is not worth the level of stress of the job. Higher up management is very uninvolved of day to day tasks to understand what is all done in front line staffing to ensure we are properly and competitively paid for the jobs we are required to do.
It was really a practically family. I like every aspect of AMA. AMA is really a multicultural organisation. It gives freed for the work hours.

I enjoyed each single moment with AMA.
VERY stressful. A bit like Air Traffic Controller. Continuous high speed multitasking. Most co-workers have/had anxiety and dependancy problems Severe health problems. Many under treatment with pharmaceuticals.
Some of the best teamwork I've ever experienced. Some managers have even been in the trenches, so only a few are talking out of their ***.
Pros
Good benefits and pay, good training, lots to learn on the go.
Cons
Super stress
This was my first step into an administrative and reception position.
I learned and honed office basics and continued excellent customer service.

The culture at AMA was treat you like friends and family. The co workers were like family and made for an enjoyable atmosphere.

Each day was different and gave me the ability to learn to multi task and change direction in a moment's notice.

It could be difficult at times changing directions when I wasn't sure what was expected.

The people are truly what made my job enjoyable and I will miss them.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no advancement
Killer benefits. There is Room for improvement. In Registry department is always challenging. They patiently train workers for at least 1 year. They make sure their workers are educated about AMA cultures.
I worked as a service vehicle operator. awesome place to work made great life long friends . but they like to dismiss people without cause they pay you a severance and tell you to sign a non disclosure agreement so you cant wreck there so called perfect image the upper management ( director of automotive services ) is nothing but a bean counter and really doesn't care about you or what you have to say . The automotive services manager edmonton fleet is very inexperienced and has no idea what he is doing and will throw you under the bus to meet his numbers . They get rid of great people for no reason . All i can say is if you get a job here careful what you say and say it too cause if you have any great ideas they find a away to give ya the boot real fast . anything that makes sense they dont care what you think or what could work.
Pros
great benefits ok pay lots of overtime
Cons
take advantage of you. supervisors dont do anything management team is terrible
Great company to work for with great culture and benefits for their employees. Work environment was very pleasant. Room for advancement is the only drawback.
I appreciate the ability to take care of my family commitments, with the understanding that work priorities do come first...My Manager is awesome and I am very lucky to work with him...
Pros
Great work/life balance...
Cons
Communication needs to improve (top - down)...
Horrible management techniques but a fun place to work as a starter job. I really enjoyed working with certain people there but the management was rude, pushy and very condescending.
I love my job, and the team that works with me. The main reason I am looking for a change is that I have come to realize that I need a more equal work/life balance, and it is not possible in the position I now hold.
Benefits
Cons
On salary, I work long hours and receive no OT or bank time, and the work/life balance is very skewed.
Truck does the work for you. People are great. 1000$ a week in your pocket after taxes if you do well. Collect tips. (Sometimes) everyone is there to help you.
Pros
New job everyday . Never know what you're going to do.
Cons
Non really. Depends on the weather
No typical day, focus changes a lot.
Management seems just happy to be there.

No one really cared. No incentive to achieve.

Recognition basically non existent, lots of lip service.
Pros
Been around a long time.
Cons
Rudderless ship
This company has since been closed down. It was a great company to work for and an experience I will carry with me throughout my life. The owners have sold their stores and now work in Real estate.
great company to work for fully equiped and organized good team and co workers and managment self dedicated people able to choose any shifts and all that
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
It is a very busy environment, where you need to have a lot of patience to deal with members. They do offer great benefits and bonuses every 3 months.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Dealing with very rude members
Most of the time, it was a good place to work. The work was not really demanding and I got paid probably the right amount for the work but it was not enough to support a family very well so I found something else.
Pros
Worked with good people - had a good time often
Cons
Not enough pay
AMA is a very good place to work, they truly care for their employees. They do their best to train and keep motivation and morale high. Unfortunately the opportunity for advancement seem to be only available to a select few team members, they don't do as much to prepare many employees to advance.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits
Cons
Little advancement opportunity
Working at AMA was very fun as well as challenging for me. Once i cleared the license exam, i was on floor and was helped by all my co workers in the initial phase. Great place to work. Very friendly
Depending on the time of the month we can be very busy. Which makes the day go by fast. If we're not busy we are doing our daily tasks and getting everything we need to get done out of the way. For example checking our daily documents from the previous day and making sure there are no mistakes that need correcting. I've learned so much since starting here a little over 2 years ago. I have taken a number of tests and received the certifications required of me. All listed on my resume. Our management team we have here at the St. Albert branch are fantastic. Always there to help us out and are very easy to talk to when it's needed. They are very supportive and push us to do our best. Work place enviroment is very friendly. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with policy and all the changes that comes with the job. The most enjoyable would have to be the people I work with and a lot of the customers that come through our doors. They know how to make us laugh and make the job worth it.
Benefits
Cons
Working on a salary base
With new management in place there has been a lot of down sizing.
Staff no longer able to make decisions

Insurance staff available 6 days a week
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
New management team -Insurance
AMA was like my second family! The staff and management were fantastic. Great environment to work in. Hours were great, advancement was available, pay was reasonable.
Pros
Great environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Motor Association. Our community is ready to answer.