Alberta Motor Association

Alberta Motor Association Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB17 reviews
Their brand is highly regarded.
Their insurance company and travel agency are solid businesses.

Their Driver Education business became more profitable and had a great quality delivery model through a highly effective leader for many years.

Their senior management was protocol driven. Micromanagement was a way of life so strategies moved slowly.
The pay is good. Management is wonderful. The operator on the road are Heroes. It was the greatest job I've ever had. It was a very sad day when I was let go. I would recommend any job opportunity with AMA.
Pros
everything
This company seems great from the outside, unfortunately when you learn of the inner workings this is not so. I see that the other reviews for work/life balance are pretty high, they told me that for a better work life balance in a high stress position (after I was put on unpaid stress leave) that they would only give me one day off a week. You be the judge.
Lots to learn and accomplish.
However they have a habit of hiring to many drivers when there isn't a hiring freeze.

Fantastic family like environment they really care about their workers
AMA is overall great company to work for. They are flexible and have a great benefit program, along with a pension plan that you do not see too often these days.
Great company to work for with great culture and benefits for their employees. Work environment was very pleasant. Room for advancement is the only drawback.
great company to work for fully equiped and organized good team and co workers and managment self dedicated people able to choose any shifts and all that
Pros
free lunches and dinners
Cons
Most of the time, it was a good place to work. The work was not really demanding and I got paid probably the right amount for the work but it was not enough to support a family very well so I found something else.
Pros
Worked with good people - had a good time often
Cons
Not enough pay
AMA was a good company to work for .
Every second Friday off, was a plus

Team was positive

Great Location, lots of parking and C-train stopped right infront of building which is a plus
Poor upper management. Letting skilled workers go to benefit the need to hire unskilled works.
Use to be a good company to work for..

Would not waste time working here..

Dead end job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alberta Motor Association?
this company is the best place to work for the best day is helping people out when they are broken down I learn how to be on time and driving this big city the management are great
Worked with an amazing group of people. Over 10 months I learned something new on a daily basis. The environment was a fun and supportive office everyday.
Pros
Listening to customer travel stories.
Cons
Wrong side of town
The best place I have ever worked!!!!!! It was family and alot of people still are.
Pros
Cons
I was not allowed to work longer
Provides technical expertise and resolve tier 2 & 3 level issues relating to PCs, printers, IP phones, WiFi, VPN and/or network connections, server management, etc.
Pros
The organization do invest on its IT infrastructures.
Cons
Zero advancement opportunity, Managements are based in Edmonton and spend little time on evaluation of work performance.
AMA is a great place to work, I enjoy helping people and I have great trouble shooting skills. I have worked with AMA for 14 yrs on the road and it is very dangerous. I feel that it is time to get off the road.
Pros
benefits, flex days, helping people
Cons
A company that makes its employees and contractors feel they are around family members while at work. Listens closely to any employee concerns and work toward resolving any issues may ever occur
It's a great job, long hours but good money. you work alone and you learn lots of stuff. they pay for training and put you through cources which will help in other aspect of life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Motor Association. Our community is ready to answer.