Alberta Motor Association

Alberta Motor Association Employee Reviews

Working at AMA, the people are fantastic to work with, however the pay is not worth the level of stress of the job. Higher up management is very uninvolved of day to day tasks to understand what is all done in front line staffing to ensure we are properly and competitively paid for the jobs we are required to do.
The pay is good. Management is wonderful. The operator on the road are Heroes. It was the greatest job I've ever had. It was a very sad day when I was let go. I would recommend any job opportunity with AMA.
Pros
everything
Helpful Mangers who encourage a team environment. Lots of Employee Benefits.
Commission is not the greatest structure as you need to achieve 40,000 to even start being eligible for commission... even when you get over $40,000, you only get 1% of that until you hit the next target which is $50,000.

Would work here again, I loved this job!
AMA is great place to work. Office staff is excellent, very helpful. Management is very helpful in each and every way . I really enjoy working there. 😊
Executive direction is uncertain; lack of support to those who fall out of favour. Outside of the executive there are many very good people who care about the work they are doing, and are truly member-focused.
It was very nice working at AMA. It was a professional work culture which was collaborative and helpful. It was fast paced though without much stress.
The company itself is a great place to work. Salary didnt change with the economy. Drivers get treated like royalty but inside staff are at the bottom of the totem pole. If your looking to be a driver, reccomend. If your looking at inside staff, there are probably better options out there.
If you like having a soul this place is not for you. They will break you down so you have no life at all. Will fire you for any reason they can find.
The people make it easy to come to work everyday. I met great people while working there. Benefits were great and I learnt a lot.
The atmosphere and people made the company great. The training especially if you have no prior experience. I took so much knowledge from that place.
Management was terrible. Did not feel supported by them when issues with customers or other staff members arose.

Salary was not enough to live on your own.
The staff are Great people to work with, enjoyed the job itself. Benefits were great, pay could have been better calculated. Management very poor to deal with.
it didnt pay i voluntereed to be an AMA patroller so it was good but the jop doesnt pay and it was school program so averyone had a choce to volunteer
I have learned so much about where to travel in the world. I enjoy selling travel insurance so that members have peace of mind when they travel.
I enjoy working with my co-workers.

It can be a very fast paced environment, selling insurance, taking photos, selling IDPS, answering the phone, making appointments for travel counsellors.

We do Potlucks for every season and many other fun things during the year.
The AMA has a rot within it caused by inept and punitive executive management. It suffers from a lack of vision and the egos of the executives who are running the company into the ground. Pet projects of the CEO are green lighted by a board that is hand selected by the President. Any reasonable feedback that is contrary to the official narrative is quickly shut down. The only people that advance are syncophabts who gobalong with the bad decisions or those that manage to navigate in spite of The toxicity.Run far and fast from this company. If hired, they have started paying less to scale and will demand more of you than is healthy.
Good place to work. The people make it easy to come to work everyday, although the pay & salary increases are minimal for work put in. Communication between departments through the delivery chain could use some work.
This company seems great from the outside, unfortunately when you learn of the inner workings this is not so. I see that the other reviews for work/life balance are pretty high, they told me that for a better work life balance in a high stress position (after I was put on unpaid stress leave) that they would only give me one day off a week. You be the judge.
Great atmosphere and people
Great training especially if you have no prior experience

Awesome incentives

Opportunities to increase experience and move up
Their brand is highly regarded.
Their insurance company and travel agency are solid businesses.

Their Driver Education business became more profitable and had a great quality delivery model through a highly effective leader for many years.

Their senior management was protocol driven. Micromanagement was a way of life so strategies moved slowly.
Stay away. The senior executive are horrible. CEO and COO are completely disconnected from the business. They need to go before the ship sinks completely.
I loved working there. They had ongoing training and great culture. They made sure that you had all of the tools necessary to do your job safely. This is a customer based job, and the clientele have high expectations.
Pros
Self Employed Contract job
Cons
Many hours of work
Lots to learn and accomplish.
However they have a habit of hiring to many drivers when there isn't a hiring freeze.

Fantastic family like environment they really care about their workers