Alberta Health Services Employee Review

View all Alberta Health Services reviews

While Frontline staff are awesome and take great pride in their work, AHS is a hierarchical and generally dysfunctional organization
RN (Former Employee) –  Chinook Health Region13 October 2013
Management and Human Resources say they are about recruitment and retention when in fact they are the cause of attrition. I worked for AHS for 10 years, in several different environments, many were filled with harassment and bullying but little is done even though both AHS, and UNA have policies to deal with it. Managers are not trained in leadership and are often behind the dysfunction. The best manager with the happiest workplace I have worked in was let go because manager butted heads with middle management. They find something that will stick and then run with it, and are not afraid to ruin your reputation and your career.
I miss the people that I worked with and the patients but I do not miss the politics and the manipulation.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Lack of leadership, lack of integrity, lack of care towards staff.

Other Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

enjoyable job
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
I have received whimis certificate, its your move, time management, problem solving, effective communication. My experience includes medicine, surgery, intensive care units. I have enjoyed learning a lot of new skills. even though the different parts of the hospital has different set of skills, I took it in stride. there has been a lot of changes in 18 years as well.
Pros
helping the patients get better
Cons
hours
Always opportunity for advancement
Temporary Full-time (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 April 2018
Very fast paced work place.
Great staff.
Opportunities to expand knowledge and apply new training to the workplace.
Excellent Benefits.
Rewarding clientele

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.