Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Pay & benefits reviews

Best job I have had. I was fortunate and had a great boss. Good job security. Union package, health benefits package Opportunity for advancement. Training opportunities
Pros
Salary, health benefits
Cons
Stressful
Working for Alberta Health Services has provided me with a great career and opportunity for advancement in the health care field as well as they provide great benefits/wages.
Pros
Good work hours and wages
Cons
need for more in-house management
good fun productive to work and as team work good pay good management near to my house and everything is ok their people are good and helpful the end
Dictatorship management, more work than people/time, abundance of clip-board supervisors, very low morale,high expectations , poor communication Unfulfilling, task -oriented, ridiculous paperwork
Pros
Wage & benefits
Cons
Work felt like punishment
Focused on positive health outcomes, a very challenging, busy work environment. Significant political interference from GOA, change saturation, strong leadership.
Pros
Benefits Plan
Cons
Long Hours
Remote location with northern living allowance pay a high demanding work place with clients in need and constantly at risk. Rewarding work with inexperienced management.
I have worked here for a long time (7 years) and throughout they have been supportive and caring. The salary is great and the benefits even better. I would recommend this to anyone.
I love my manager and my other colleagues, however, I hate the fact that it is soooo hard to get rid of bad employee's here. Bad employee's can take other temp positions within AHS, thus prolonging the termination process. This is very unfair to other managers. However, I do enjoy working for AHS and it does offer great benefits.
very good, good pay, nice people around. consistant and flexible schedule. many different people people from different background who get along pretty good.
I have worked for AHS for over 5 years now. It can be incredibly difficult to obtain permanent employment at your desired FTE, at your desired location, but if you hold out long enough, someone will eventually retire. I truly believe that depending on the team that you work within, this will determine much of your job satisfaction. I have worked within several different departments during my time with AHS under several different job titles, which allowed me to be exposed to many, many disciplines. I have had positions that I have loathed and loved, the difference, my teammates. Overall, good benefits, salary is above any private facility, and the ability to move around the province while maintaining seniority/benefits is a plus.
AHS is by far my favorite place to have worked. The people are friendly, helpful and some of the smartest people I have had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and environment
Cons
Not able to work remotely outside of AB
I love working for Alberta health services. They have excellent benefits and are very accommodating and attentive. I have worked here just over a year now and i am a very happy employee.
its a good and secure place to work as per UNIONIZED organization that is the good thing, but it is very not so good in term of salary increase, most of all they don't really considered the category of the job that the very least employee are working on.
Pros
job secure
Cons
salary is not a good thing for the nature of work i have
Good place to work and meet many interesting people. The Hospital was quite old so many issues were not always completely resolved because of cost. Wages and benefits were fair. I enjoyed learning from vast array of maintenance personal working locally or at other facilities when we congregated for training or just email and phone communication.
Pros
Large organization with resources & experience
Cons
Allocation of facility funds sometimes not practical.
I experienced a difficult on-boarding due to an absent on-boarding schedule plan and constructive interest in my success. As a result, I would suggest any protential candidate to ask for: - a two-week on-boarding schedule with activities and SMART goals which can be tracked and measured. Subjective observations from remote location or via Skype are not as effective as management in the same office. - document everything including relevant emails and performance expectations. - ask for help or assistance asap. Do not assume management wants to see you succeed. - expect all late
Benefits
Cons
Absent Management, Critical Performance evaluation
There is no real flow to the days of working in AHS. The days are varied as are the patients that you see. This is a job for someone who likes to have variety and wants top avoid doing the same job over and over again. You can honestly feel that you are making a difference in the lives of your patients. Helping them get the care that they need, helping them find a doctor or a loved one, this is a job that is ideal for someone who loves people. However, there are always cons. You are always on call, vacation or not, staffing may be calling you, and there is always a potential for drama. And, as the days are always different, there is no structure to your days. However, the pay is good as is the benefits, and you always make a difference in the lives of people.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, on call
Management is good. I disinfect high touch surfaces, remove garbage/biohazardous waste/recycing, clean/disinfect isolation rooms and regular rooms. I also replenish paper towel, toilet paper, soap, hand sanitizer, and lotion. The hardest part of the job is it being very physically demanding on busy days when there are a lot of discharges.
Pros
Good pay and good benefits
Cons
Physically demanding
Lack of teamwork, lots of bullying and no respect in the workplace. Worst job I have ever had. Management has unrealistic expectations, and if you go to them with a problem you're not taken seriously. When you're unable to meet the expectations, the problem is always you, never with management. Absolutely no consideration toward the staff they oversee, borderline abusive treatment.
Pros
Wage, benefits
Cons
Scheduling, management, work culture
Do not waste your time! If you are from the private sector, you will find the transition extremely painful and frustrating. You are silo'ed and can only do what you are told / allowed. To support your End Users takes long and because you do not have any permissions, you cannot solve silly issues withing minutes, but it takes days. Do not get me stated on Management! They have no idea what their teams do and force decisions or totally ignore your requests and warnings. The organization structure is top heavy and the team leads have not authority. Everything needs to be checked with management. Talk about inefficiencies! Many of the senior technical employees did not receive any increases for years, so if you going for a position like that, you could be stuck for years on the same salary. Good luck with that. If you are looking for a job where you are constantly waiting on someone, do not feel productive every day, your management ignores you, the performance reviews is a total wash, but you still get paid every month even if you do nothing, then this is place for you!
Pros
Do nothing and still get paid!
Cons
I enjoy working in AHS they treat their workers great and I have never had any issue with the management or other employees. The hardest part of the day is around lunch time when people go on their breaks and you have to carry the rut of the work but other than that good day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No parking
good learning hospital, management alright. not having regular scheduling for moms. meeting different people from different backgrounds and a good salary.