Alberta Health Services
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Alberta Health Services Culture reviews

Clear

good

Good place to workGood work culture Ethics and good to be in great placeThings are basic and straight Colleagues are ok and always have a helping hand.

Pros

public set up you are not exploited

Cons

work on the toes

Amazing group and are always ready and willing to hear new ideas

I have an amazing position working for the most amazing woman, leading an incredible team into a successful, provincially wide CIS system. Best boss!!

Pros

The personal and professional relationship with my boss

Cons

When I don’t have enough work to do

Mismanaged company!

Not a healthy environment to work!A lot of fighting between co workers & management looking the other waySo short staffed -Over worked & under paid!

Pros

Met a couple really nice people/ co workers

Cons

Under paid!!!

Good place and anice peoplento work with

I enjoyed every but of the moment I spent with Alberta health Services. It is a place to work and will always to want to work with Alberta team. Nice people.

Productivity

I am retired now but loved my years at AHS. I had routines. Management great. Culture awesome. Friendly and supportive. Polite. Training flexible. Encouraging

Pros

Complimentary

Cons

Long drive

Efficient unit with lots of learning opportunities

Good pay.Efficiently run unit with many learning opportunities.Staff is very supportive.Good parking.Modern equipment.Snacks and coffee available.Many team building and bonding activities.

Busy and interesting

Work goes by fast as there is always something to do. The staff are amazing and a good group to work with. Lots of opportunities to learn new things.

Good place to work, but pay is low for what we do.

I love going to work everyday. Hospital staff and patients are great, however the pay is low for the amount of work we do. Work life balance is great. Management is supportive. You feel like part of a family here.

Pros

Great work place

Cons

Low pay

Great company

Great co- coworkers, best manager i've ever had. Docs and staff are wonderful. Staff to client ratio appropriate and case load manageable. Sad I had to leave

Terrible place to work for- filled with politics and dictatorship

My manager was a terrible dictator, he did work which the Union did not approve of. Get a life and do not work here, job stability, sure if you want to spend the rest of your life fighting an individual. Life is greener outside AHS. I couldn't wait to get my foot out !Stay Away !!

Pros

No Pros- Benefits in the name of taking and scraping your money from your pockets.

Cons

Benefits- fight your manager to get it, Management doesn't care how you are kicked around, Terrible Politics, work will be taken away from you, you will be made redundant.

Jobs at Alberta Health Services

See more jobs

Job accommodation

I do not recommend anyone that has a disability of any sort to apply with AHS. There culture in the workplace is to get rid of people who have to be accommodated in the work place that have a disability. They have a documented process how they will accommodate people in the work place but have a very weak approach to obtaining any reasonable job position

Pros

Good benefits, well paid positions

Cons

Management lacks the ability to listen

An excellent place to work and continue to grow and learn and change ways of doing things

A great career can be had at AHS as continuous learning opportunities are provided. A collabotatve work culture has been my experience. Management is not only approachable but also supportive. Coworkers are lovely hardworking dedicated individuals. Shout out to Recovery Supports team with Addiction and Mental Health Exmo to

I was proud to say I worked for Alberta Health Services

When I was employed by AHS , that particular facility could have used some improvement in the management department, which it was starting to get when I left there. Other than that, the residents were great, my coworkers were awesome to work with (some more than others, lol) , and I really enjoyed going to work everyday.

great place to work

AHS is a great place to work for! the staff is amazing and is always there to help you if you need it. The training is great. the typical workday is busy!

Super fun and rewarding work environment

As a part time supervisor my typical day at the Giftshop comprises of handling customer concerns and inquiries, and guiding a team or 8-10 volunteers to ensure smooth operations of the business.

Great Teamwork

Helping Patients experience is the most favorite part of my Job. Team work and support in the Office and the hours of work are also very good. Recommended.

Pros

Team Work and Support.

Will recommend to my friends.

Companies benefit are good, but the management are not that great. Workplace overall is good. The hardest part of the job is not working as a team. The most enjoyable part is I guess when the day is almost over.

Its good

This was a good place to work. There was alot of support. Over all one of the best experiences I really loved the people I worked with as well the collaboration with other non profit organizations.

A good place to live, work, learn and grow as a professional and a community member

Excellent leadership culture exists here. However, it is a highly unionized clinical environment. There is a work-life-family balance. Job security is assured, salary package isn't bad but could be better especially for managers since they are 'Out of Scope' and no union to fight for them in terms of benefits. Job culture is great as it remains zero tolerance to workplace bully and the like.

Great place to learn a variety of skills

I have been here since I graduated and not one day is ever the same. Fast paced environment. Great team work and communication is essential to success.

Most enjoyable part of the job

Fast paced and each day is never the same. Wonderful learning new skills from all types of staff. You must be able to deal with many types of personalities and sometimes it can be very challenging. Very rewarding career for the most part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement