Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Pay & benefits reviews: Paramedic

AHS is a government run entity. I have never been subject to a more incompetent organization in all my career. If you’re considering health care all I can say is the work life balance is ok but rest assured the government will come looking to cut your pay. I haven’t had a raise in over 5 years
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Incompetent employer
Looking at cutting wages when there hasn't been a raise (not even COL) in at least 10 years. They expect you to focus on them and help them out when they are short staffed but no noted return. Very poor morale across the board no to many happy people working there right now.
This review comes from over 10 years of experience with Alberta Health Services. The organization claims to have a patient centered model but I can speak directly in opposition to this, Alberta Health Services is clearly a budget centered operation. Management practices favor budgets over staff health and safety, several departments are non-compliant with new changes in Occupational Health & Safety legislation because the cost would be too high. Work life balance is a joke and if you use sick time you are placed on attendance awareness.
Pros
They pay on time
Cons
Management, Benefits, Worklife Balance