Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews for Nursing Attendant

Educational

Employer worked scheduling around my children and husbands schedule. Loved the hands on care and the staff were professional and a joy to work with was able to enhance nursing skills

Challenging and grow professionaly

You do your work at your.pace and.no pressure as ling you finish all.work.Its an qutomatic routine. C- workers are not same attitude and character.Just do what you can.Some Nurses are helpful some are not. Working.must be on.prioritization. It is important to ask for.help for the safety of the patient and self..

Pros

Environmentally friendly

Cons

Not too formal.

i am happy with my job

I learned all of good things about the nursing job my job made to be a good and strong person it though me about life and what people think about our job. I believe the job I do is the best gift for me.

Good employer

Working in Alberta Health Services it was a phenomenal one! We had a good collaboration with the health team members from my managers RNS Surgeons and the rest of the team .

good

loved the job staff was good benefits were great very professional work environment workers took pride in the work the provided would love to return to this work place

Teamwork

Work in a team oriented environment with various designations. Responsible for doing constants and working on multiple floors within the hospital setting.

Happy to work with the people you get along with.

Typical day at work is working with your colleague for the benefits of the client. I learned more about behavioural changes of the client. Management are very supportive to their staff. Working in the multi-cultural unit, is the way to build a team and unite for the goals of taking care of our client/patient. Hardest part of the job is when a client/patient passed away. Most enjoyable part of the job is by the end of the shift and giving report to your colleague.

Pros

Potluck

Cons

Parking problem

Supportive and beneficial

Alberta health services is a great place to work to expand your knowledge and education. Good management, good hours, great support systems in place and awesome job security

Very fast paced and rewarding. Good management. Long hours on your feet. Small nursing home so you know a lot of the clients from outside of work. Small town.

Pros

one place position

Cons

not much time for each client

A well organized company

Offers competitive wages and a well organized place of work. Allows many areas of opportunity for learning and advancement.

Pros

Competitive wages

Cons

Huge Company = Less recognition

Jobs at Alberta Health Services

Nursing Attendant positions
See more jobs

great place to work

Extremely hard to get a job with alberta health services. I have worked as a HCA for them for two years in long term care, recently moved to Edmonton and can not get another job with them.

Pros

Amazing benefits and salary

Cons

diffacult to get a job, and to advance

Flexible work environment

great place to work, excellent pay and benefits, flexible shifts to maintain work life balance. Co workers are excellent to work with. I learned many new skills working at the royal alexandra hospital. The hardest part of the job was working short staffed.

hardworking and life-long learning

A typical day at work is busy. I have learned so much more. It is well organized organization. Most co-workers are positive. Coping the stresses from negative co-workers is the hardest part of work. Supportive environment is the most enjoyable part in the job

Pros

Good bebefits

Cons

less positions

Loved the company

I loved the staff at AHS , they are all so welcoming and kind. The best place i have ever been employed :) The staff work very well together and are very empathetic to the patients. The best part of working for AHS is the way they take such pride in the residents and patients care.

Nursing Attendant - Neuro Trauma Unit

Assisted nurses with maintaining patient care. Learned a lot about patience, organization as well as my compassion for helping others in need. Hardest part of the job is detaching yourself emotionally from patients and their situations, while maintaining professionalism but remaining caring and compassionate. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are truly making an impact on patients lives, it is rewarding knowing that you are helping them to get back to their loved ones.

i enjoyed my time at the hospitial

i enjoyed communicating with the residents at the hospitial. it would make my day everyday that i worked their. even if i had a bad day a few residents would make my day. i really loved my job enough to try and become a lpn or a registered nurse.

Pros

i was always happy

Cons

cafiteria was always closed without warning

Enjoyed Christmas staff party and staff birthday parties as well as resident parties and doing recreational activites with them

Loved working with the elderly and enjoyed the new experiences and what I've learned from this. Enjoyed the laughter shared amongst the co-workers and made the day go by quickly. Although now I find I no longer enjoy the 12 hour shifts or weekend shifts.

Pros

working with great co-workers and loved caring for the elderly

Cons

long hours (12 hours) shift and weekend work

Love to work in Hospice

Taking care of end of life patient. I learned how to value life, family and friends.The hardest part of my job is to get attach with the patience

talking to patients and walking them round

What i enjoy most about my job is working as a team with my coworker, i also like charting with my patient, while doing this, i discovered that some of them have lots of worries and troubled mind and need to talk to someone at that particular time, they share their life experiences, i tell them about my culture and they feel a lot of relief, sometimes they want to go on a walk, but being new to the environment, they don't know if its right to do so or not, they need company, consolation and someone to tell them they will get better and not worry about the sickness as such., so its like making their day and giving them assurance some cares for them. i love to work as team. the hardest part of the job is when patients family don't appreciate your job and makes you feel you are not giving enough of your profession.

Pros

talking with patient (charting)

Good professional working relationship with co-workers, giving quality care to the patients, family, and to the community.

Read and get report about plan for patient care and do the best I could to render my responsibilities as a nursing attendant in providingimmediate and routine daily needs of the patients. I've learned a lot at work in dealing with the pt's, family, co-workers and those who are involved in the pt's care----- I've learned to be a good team player, flexible, having a positive attitude. My co-workers are doing their job well and I am getting along well with them but of course disagreement of ideas and arguments are unavoidable but we make sure that we come into a positive solutions at the end and deal with it. The hardest part of the job is having a patient who speaks in different language or who is a language barrier and when staff are notworking together as a team and when staff doesn't respect other staff.The most enjoyable part of my job is when all the staff are working together as a team. having good working harmonious relationship and getting all the job done well. I also believe that respect for each othershould be present at work. I am happy being part of the team and enjoy my job because I have the heart longs for helping other people, I like and love my job

Enjoyable

It's enjoyable to work with your co workers and having fun with residents. My best work is joke around with the residents and make them happy and smile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement