Alberta Health Services
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews for Home Care Aide

Bingo,and other activities

enjoying work in alberta health services' like the manager supervisor, nurses and co-worker.good facility very clean. nice clients, fair salary for the employee, but sometimes its hard to get in because of the high volume of the applicant specially in the city.

Mismanaged company!

Not a healthy environment to work!A lot of fighting between co workers & management looking the other waySo short staffed -Over worked & under paid!

Pros

Met a couple really nice people/ co workers

Cons

Under paid!!!

Like home

I miss working with my colleagues, small quaint facility. Unfortunately I ended up moving. The hours are as expected with any 24 hour provider. Entire facility was lead by an LPN and each floor with dementia residents had 2 HCA's. Non locked units were supported by one HCA. Great training, with up to date protocols. Supports are in place for both residents and employees of all departments.

A lot to do , you are slave of RND so you always have a fear to do your job

No words to work hard, and staff will gossip about you. Hard to stay on your job if you are not white culture worker. Staff can pull your legs if you try to be a honestt. They may feel that job is too good for you .you do not deserve to be stay in a good job

Homecare

Lots of bullies , from a small town everybody knows more than you , even tho you have worked Homecare 15 years farmers are wonderful to work with cause they need your care

Very fast place work environmemt

Good place to work but often short staffed. Management is quite involved in staff morel. You have a good chance moving up and getting permanent positions quit quickly. The company offers lots of different courses and workshops to keep staff educated on all kinds of issues.

not sure

long hours clients are fantastic coworkers are great management is not approachable or available half the time team work hard on personal vehicles starting and stopping all the time pay is poor

Very friendly staff, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

My experience with AHS over the past seven years has been overall very positive. I enjoy working for this company, and will continue to work with them.

Helping the sick and injiured

Whether it's working on ambulance or working in the hospital, I do enjoy my line of work. On the ambulance I respond to all different types of 911 calls, and if the emergency calls for it, we transport to hospital. In the hospital I an in a nurse aide position so I provide all the patient care, from toileting to helping them in and out of bed for meals. Sitting with them and having a conversation to sending them on their way home!

helping clients have a happy more productive day

a good place to work. pays well and its enjoyable caring for people. lots of walking on very hard floors. lots of politics. management is awful except for a very few.

Pros

pay is very good

Cons

never recognized

Jobs at Alberta Health Services