Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Work-life balance

To much deduction, working as support staff Payless but deduction is t9 much.

AHS should not double deduction from staff while they had vacation or sick leave or personal leave. We didn’t get double paid for vacation, it’s our save put aside for vacation while we worked ,then when we using those vacations time we not allow to rent our spot to friend that made me so angry with AHS.

Productive and fun workplace

Hoping that management team can spend more time reaching out and find time to talk to the workers. Aside from that it is a good place to work, benefits are okay as well.

Good place to learn how a typical day to day basis at work is like.

Excellent managers. Challenging but fun to be part of the team. I have enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills through working at AHS. Great environment.

Very good

working AHS it’s not bad , they have a fair salary, the working routine its not easy , I’m just lucky that my bosses are very nice and they are very considerate.

Very bad environment

New management just came, hopefully they will be able to fix problems because they are young and very well educated, Situation is very bad for many years, lots of gossip, not respect between employees, lot of lazy workers etc...

Fun place to work!

I love the friendly environment however we are always short of staff.Overall, it's fun to work there because of the people I work with and I enjoy serving the residents.

Food Service

I’ve worked both small town and big city hospitals in food service. In a small town it is super easy to advance in shifts and you get to know patients one-on-one which I loved. It sucked when they cut back my hours and had to move back to the city. Foothills hospital is busy, but the employees there are cruel and mean and are just bullies. Seen a coworker of mine get bullied and the supervisors just stood there and watched. It was pathetic and I’m glad I quit. I wished I was still a part of the small town hospital but I couldn’t afford living there no more.

Great team

It's is like a family we all make sure that everyone is done there job before we go home. Lots of support and staff cares about you as a person not a number

fun to work

Its nice to work at Alberta Health Services you will learn a lot. There's always a challenge and will give you advance courses to learn that related to your job.

Not so fun

Worked here for a little over a year, and I've complained about harassment and bullying in the work place and nothing was ever done about it...…………...

Jobs at Alberta Health Services

Food Service Worker positions
See more jobs

I enjoy my job as I work mostly by myself and don't have to put up with drama

there is a difference between support staff and nursing staff, no morale or support from in house management to support staff. Nursing thinks they run the place

Productive and a gratifying life learning occupation

Long hours but providing positive food safe dietary needs in a long term care facility. Assembling snacks and specific dietary needs for tray service, for patients who require alternative food requirements for there specific dietary health issues. Keeping a healthy work environment, a positive attitude and following the guidelines for proper food health and hygiene. Building a life friendship, trust and relationship with residence is the most enjoyable part.

Productive and welcoming environment.

Enjoyed the hours, and working with staff and patients. Management was decent, but workplace culture was welcoming. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and family members. Hardest part was getting attached to the patients.

Career path

Good company to work with great managers,showed me how to get to my desired position and helped me with adjusting schedule with my personal needs I cant wait to go back

Pros

I can make my career within the company

Good Morale, Great Team enviroment

The Environment is awesome , Management needs to be more present and knowledgeable of their work place. Good benefits and a chance to move around in different departments.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

The lack of available Management

fun place

productive and fun workplace with a lot of opportunities Alberta Health Service is there for you when you need them with solutions for any kind of problem

Enjoyed working with the girls, but supervisory wasn’t that great. Quite a bit of conflict and not very organized when it came to staffing. When concerns were brought forward to the supervisor, it wasn’t taken seriously

Pros

Working with the elderly

Cons

Continuous conflict

I enjoy working at the Tofield Hospital. I especially love the residents and patients.

I have worked at the hospital for 10years.I really enjoy my job.I like the physical parts of the job. I enjoy preparing food( desserts and salads ).I love the chance to work with the residents and patients.I really enjoy the people I work with . I like working in the Hospital environment.

Pros

Seeing a residant or patient enjoy what I have served them.

Toxic work environment

Lack of teamwork, lots of bullying and no respect in the workplace. Worst job I have ever had. Management has unrealistic expectations, and if you go to them with a problem you're not taken seriously. When you're unable to meet the expectations, the problem is always you, never with management. Absolutely no consideration toward the staff they oversee, borderline abusive treatment.

Pros

Wage, benefits

Cons

Scheduling, management, work culture

Respect Workers

Respect Workers when I have a problem they help me out in finding out what the problem is. Super diligent and commute respect to everyone. so Happy to work with AHS

I liked working for Alberta Health Services

I liked working at the hospital preparing food for the patients. The hardest part of the job was seeing so many sick people and not being able to do much to help them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement