Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews for Food Service Associate

Great Organization , where you valued for your hard work . They are really consider about your work and life balance . Better wages to comparing to similar organizations.
In my opinion the job is great as long you focus on what you're there for. The supervisors for very welcoming and they listen to problems and issues regarding the work
Pros
Premium on evenings and weekends
Cons
No free lunches
good fun productive to work and as team work good pay good management near to my house and everything is ok their people are good and helpful the end
The staff are great to work with, but the minute to minute work schedule is a bit ridiculous. I've been there almost a year and just recently found out I won't qualify for benefits until I have more permanent hours which is not fair.. considering this job is through Alberta Health Services.
I enjoyed my time working for AHS. The work load was manageable, the pay was good, and working in Management was transparent. I was able to make my own decisions which were supported, and I felt that they valued me as an employee. Great for continuing education opportunities, I was able to attend many valuable courses which they paid for while I worked there.
Pros
Room for growth and advancement
Cons
Hard to secure a permanent position
Lack of structure, unionized environment which comes with a number of challenges. Staff/Management are a likable group. Financial tracking of performance is lacking,
Benefits
Cons
Union
flexible shifts interact with hospital patients management are nice good working place nice staff to work with can be a challenge to work here when you encounter difficult customers.
Pros
good hourly rate
Cons
do not give out points for casual
This is nice company to work in but few hours because of many employees. The staff are very friendly and very dependable. I work as a food preparer on hot line and Cold line. After the serving of food we wait for the dishes to come down and wash it all. My work only starts at 4:15pm and ends at 7:15pm (3 hours).
Cleaning, Serving meal and preparing meals.and preparing nutrition snacks, thicking juices, different types of diets.restocking units. What I learned is different diets. nutrition food and snacks and measure good food intake. Management need work The coworker were coworkers There wasn't anything about this job that was hard. Most enjoyable part of the job was to work with staff in different department and working and getting to know all the residents
Pros
wage
Cons
Getting to know the seniors
I met a lot of great people, learned a lot about hospital and longterm care. The hardest part for me was when one of our residents passed away after getting to know them.
Busy all the time. I`m learning something new every day as there are so many different aspects of the job! Lots to remember. So far I have been learning the ware washing. And surprisingly enjoying it overall. My co-workers to date are a good group of people and are very willing to tell me or to show me what to do!! Very helpful! For me the hardest part of this job is taking out & bringing in the BIG garbage bin. But to this point, everyone has been willing to assist me! Of course the most enjoyable part of the job is getting out of my house and working with a wide scope of different people personalities
Pros
i get to meet more people and learn more things i never knew about the job.
Cons
lots to learn & remember all at once, but i`m willing!!