Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews for Assistant

unwilling to elaborate

I would prefer not to express an opinion at this time. At this point in time, I do not feel my opinion is needed and am not willing to share at the moment

Solid team

I’ve been employed with AHS for 8 years now and 5 years before I had my family. I am comfortable with my team and as a team player we all encourage and help one another.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Winter driving

Great place to work and close to home!

Feels good to assist clients with their day-to-day needs and help with their quality of life maintenance. Great place to work minus the politics. (But, I guess that's almost impossible to get away from :)

productive Learn lots through the patients experiences with mental health

Are day beigins by observing patients begaviors and needs assiting with hygiene. getting the patients ready for breakfast. assit with programs and medical appointments if needed.

fun

a fairly good place to work for. mangers are understanding and work with you. most of the co workers a good to work with. they try to give you the work you need.

Chaotic work environment

I have been there, seen everything and can only say that if you are planing to work there be prepared for constant complaints and judgements from cooworkers and management. They are just looking to see whats wrong with everything and will never acknowlage what you are doing right. Very stressful and chaotic work environment, not worth any money.

Productive Place to Work

I enjoy working at Alberta Health Services. I work with a great group of people, and enjoy working with the vulnerable. My manager is a fantastic person.

Challenging and encouraging workplace

Interesting work Opportunities to learn and advance career Staff are very knowledgeable and encouraging for you to ask questions and be engaged with your work ; work is challenging; no two days are the same

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Shift work

Excellent Work Environment

Alberta Health Services is a great place to work. Safety procedures are always followed strictly so I can feel protected while carrying out any task. There is room for advancement and co-workers as well as superiors are friendly, approachable, and understanding.

Pros

Benefits covered

Cons

Shift work

Great family friendly environment to work in.

a typicle day at work was very physical and fast paced.I learned patience and how to prioritize importance in my job.The management could have been better organized and more compationate.My co-workers were like my second family very caring and loveable.The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet every ones needs in a shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and being with my co-worker family on a daily basis.

Pros

Friends and family environment

Cons

Job discription changed from day to day

Jobs at Alberta Health Services

Assistant positions
See more jobs

Home health aide

Good wages & benefits, good cont. education, decent management Inadequate or safe travel times in between patients, 15 minutes for travel 2-3 patients, health& safety! There was a near fatal accident with staff & they never have improved this. Great learning & interactions with patients/families Learned new skills

Pros

wages, benefits, patients/learning new skills-improving/education

Cons

Not enough travel between patients residence-safety issue, call constantly for more hours

Solid Team Work. Good Communication. Opportunities for learning

Currently working night shift.do rounds at least very 30 minutes. Help with admitting protocol of new patients. Keep unit and Nursing Station tidy. Advise Nurse in Charge of any change in patients status. Collect urine samples as ordered. Sit constant if ordered. Ensure safety of patients and staff. Report any workplace or patient dangers.The hardest part of the job is travelling 4 hours a day.The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a patient a reason to smile and seeing them get well.

Pros

always look forward to going to work. very satisfying

Cons

4 hour travelling time per day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement