Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Best job I have had. I was fortunate and had a great boss. Good job security. Union package, health benefits package Opportunity for advancement. Training opportunities
Pros
Salary, health benefits
Cons
Stressful
Depends where you are working within AHS. The departments tht I have worked, Department of paediatric at AB Children’s hospital was the only place I felt had toxic environment.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Favouritism
Extremely clique based. No room for growth unless the Manager or Directors love you. Extremely unfair and different rules for different individuals. No consistency. Constantly breaking Collective Agreements. My mental health has hugely suffered since working with AHS. They treat admin staff horribly.
Experiences and workload depend on the site you are stationed at. For the most part, the managers and experiences I have had been very positive. The work can be quite heavy, and seemingly minor mistakes can really have an impact, but colleges are there for you. Overall, I genuinely enjoy working here, and would recommend to others.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff
Cons
heavy workload
Helping Patients experience is the most favorite part of my Job. Team work and support in the Office and the hours of work are also very good. Recommended.
Pros
Team Work and Support.
Is you can get in with AHS, you have a career til you retire. You won't get paid as much elsewhere for the same type of work. The pay is definitely worth it alone.
It gives you pride as you are earning while serving Albertan's. AHS values the employee and pay decently. The team is very joyful. I feel being heard at my work place.
There are many good things working with AHS, the constant learning of new programs and skills to opportunities for other on site projects and classes. I have learned many programs and have had the opportunity to be a part of this business for 12 years inclusive.
Prioritize, organize day's tasks I was able to become efficient in new computer programs Can be very stressful at times depending on the day's events, it., meetings, meeting prep, rounds prep, respond and send emails. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that at the end of the day you put forth the best you could.
Almost impossible to get a full time job. Even through I have been there filling in for maternity leave and can do the job well. They do not provide any supplies you have to buy your own.
Overall all good place to work, managment moody, special one was like that. One minute walked by you did not say hello or hi, even if I would say hello. Few minutes later very frendly etc. Always made your day stressful
Benefits/Salary/Pension are all fair. Comfortable and safe work environment. Staffing shortages can often make the job stressful yet manageable. Overall great job and lots of opportunities for advancements or moving around and trying new things.
If you are able to obtain employment with AHS good for you, be warned a lot of long time employees are not welcoming to new hires, and tend to stick with their own groups. They also tend to be lazy if they are career public employees, as they do not usually go that extra mile unless they want something, and if as a new hire into AHS you get caught doing more than what is expected of you, anticipate some backlash from "lifers" they don't take kindly to new people working hard.
The culture there encourage bullying, if you want transfer to other position you need get reference Fromm your boss, so you kiss those people, otherwise, you can go anywhere but leave
Great place to work. Working in emerg taught me skills i thought i never had. I learnt how to be patient and how to work under pressure. The people ive met along the way have been so wonderful and welcoming.
AHS is a great employer to work for. It has lots of opportunities and varieties of positions across the province. AHS has the best health care system to offer to the public and employees.
Alberta Health Services was a temporary job for me. It was a special back-to-work experience program I was in rather than regular employment. My orientation to the job was very detailed and enjoyable. I was allowed to learn at my own pace and felt free to ask questions whenever I needed to.
Great atmosphere and culture. Great people to work with. Very support and definite opportunity for career advancement. Learning environment. I regret leaving!
Pros
Great, caring people to work with.
Cons
Hard to get employed again once you leave
Responded callings in timely manner. Provided professional instruction according to the needs. Worked with high level of medical team. Understood every words would go to public.
Pros
Many choices
Cons
Complicated politic behind the scenes
I work with amazing talented people who are not only my co-workers but work family. I love every day at work even with trials - I look forward to coming to work everyday
Pros
co workers
Cons
full time employment needed
Job benefits and salary are good, all Unit clerks/secretary positions are part time or casual. Very hard to get a full time position. Overall rating is excellent.
Pros
Excellent job security
Cons
Not enough hours