Alberta Health Services logo
Happiness score is 65 out of 100Average

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in St. Albert, AB

Work-life balance

Productive and fun workplace

Hoping that management team can spend more time reaching out and find time to talk to the workers. Aside from that it is a good place to work, benefits are okay as well.

A good place to work.

This job offers all kinds if unique opportunities for advancement and yearly pay increases. Good union to support you and work on your behalf. Diversity in work areas.

Salaries are good and have Union representation

Worked here for 11 years and within that time went to each wage step and when reached the last, I have yet to have an increase in wage for several years.

Career path

Good company to work with great managers,showed me how to get to my desired position and helped me with adjusting schedule with my personal needs I cant wait to go back

Pros

I can make my career within the company

Cons

Management is a real problem.

Over the 2 years, and 3 separate sites that I worked in, I found that every single site struggled in the Management. I found favoritism, bullying, and negligence to be the common factor in every site and there was little done to rectify the misconduct. Alberta Health Services is in need of a complete over-haul when it comes to patient care and the way the staff is treated. I have family members that also work for the organization and their departments are in just as much turmoil. Fix the system that is broken and working conditions will improve and so will the working morale. It is sad to know that tax paying citizens are paying for hard workers that have to deal with mediocrity and unjust working environments.

Pros

Decent Wages

Cons

Everything else

Turn on the ovens, steamers.

Turn on the oven, steamers, start breakfast for patients, breakfast for costumer at the cafeteria, lunch. I learn empathy for other people who work in service industry jobs. I work with many people from different countries. The hardest part they don't have many hours to work. I like every thing about my job I love cooking.

Challenging but fun environment to work

Since i step my feet on the unit where i work in its getting busy and busier. Learning is on the process every day you learn new things how to improve your daily routine and give good judgemental to your job Management are helpful and they do what they can to help our job easier The hardest part is when im just new some certain thing that must be in proper places but its to many to remember at first but when i used to it easy! Most Enjoyable is to meet people and even helping to train/orient a new member..

Pros

good benifets

Cons

days of work

Nice place to work. Too much favoritism

Miss the old manger. Where shifts where given to everyone not just a certain few. Few years ago the hospital looked cleaner and seemed happier back then.

Pros

Meeting patients

Cons

When everyone isn't doing their jobs things happen

Great family friendly environment to work in.

a typicle day at work was very physical and fast paced.I learned patience and how to prioritize importance in my job.The management could have been better organized and more compationate.My co-workers were like my second family very caring and loveable.The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet every ones needs in a shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and being with my co-worker family on a daily basis.

Pros

Friends and family environment

Cons

Job discription changed from day to day

program attendant

Developed a 12 week series of power point presentations for people with addictions. They focused on personal development in an aftercare setting.

Jobs at Alberta Health Services