Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in Ponoka, AB

Work-life balance

Educational

Employer worked scheduling around my children and husbands schedule. Loved the hands on care and the staff were professional and a joy to work with was able to enhance nursing skills

unwilling to elaborate

I would prefer not to express an opinion at this time. At this point in time, I do not feel my opinion is needed and am not willing to share at the moment

Had a great time

Was a great job for me. Of course the actual workers get the budget cuts, no OT and no say in how things should be done/ be done efficiently. To many cooks in the kitchen sort of speak

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

A lot of lazy co workers.

Great job with great opportunity

AHS has been a wonderful experience for me and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to work in a face paced, fair, exciting work environment. Great opportunities!

Good place to work I worked at 4 different hospitals all learning the different way of ordering and receiving the products from main warehouse very good learning

Great place to work and close to home!

Feels good to assist clients with their day-to-day needs and help with their quality of life maintenance. Great place to work minus the politics. (But, I guess that's almost impossible to get away from :)

Knowledgeable and very positive

I have learned and experienced so much in life and that is what I am applying in my daily life and my stepping stone for the present and future. Always move forward and be positive and be confident.

Productive Place to Work

I enjoy working at Alberta Health Services. I work with a great group of people, and enjoy working with the vulnerable. My manager is a fantastic person.

Challenging and encouraging workplace

Interesting work Opportunities to learn and advance career Staff are very knowledgeable and encouraging for you to ask questions and be engaged with your work ; work is challenging; no two days are the same

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Shift work

Very routine

As a secretary with Alberta Health Services you work 8 am - 5 pm. You are able to utilize your skills in Microsoft office and they offer free upgrading in this. The hardest part of the job would have been boredom at times, and the most enjoyable was working with other team members.

Pros

Free training and upgrading of skills

Cons

Boredom

Jobs at Alberta Health Services

in Ponoka, AB
See more jobs

It is an experience going to work here. One never knows what will happen during a shift.

The hardest part of this job is getting attached to the senior patients. Most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients feel better about themselves and making them laugh. Everyday at work is a learning experience. Always something new. I have never had any problems dealing with the managers. They are a good crew to work for.

Pros

Working casual you can pretty much make up your own schedule

Cons

LPN's cannot work night shifts because they cannot be in charge. This limits your shifts.

Great people to work with/for. Good pay

Workplace safety was very important, there was always opportunity to voice any concerns within the workplace. There was always hands on learning experiences. If there were any problems, it was easy to voice them to managers. And i always found it enjoyable to work with the other employees. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of it, but that was also the best part becasue it kept me moving and active.

Great starting job

I started working at the hospital while i was still in high school. the student jobs are a great and easy way to earn money. once i was out of high school i got a full time job which was good to start until my boss retired and new management came in. everything started going downhill finally leading to myself quitting.

Pros

Great starting job

Cons

bad managment

rewarding place to work

Enjoy working with Support Service. Linen has been a fast pace learning enviorment.

Pros

ability to contribute to Health System

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement