Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in Grande Prairie, AB

A good place to live, work, learn and grow as a professional and a community member

Excellent leadership culture exists here. However, it is a highly unionized clinical environment. There is a work-life-family balance. Job security is assured, salary package isn't bad but could be better especially for managers since they are 'Out of Scope' and no union to fight for them in terms of benefits. Job culture is great as it remains zero tolerance to workplace bully and the like.

Good job security and lots of benefits

Job security & benefits very good, promotes team work. You benefit a lot on the in-house training. Readily available information on safety, and patient care.

Stressful

Stressful place to work. I found that it can be a lot like a high school with cliques and gossip, lots of linear oppression. I didn't have the backbone for it, really good learning experience though. Long hours, but good wages.

Great team environment, large learning curve, fun and interactive

I learned payroll management, nursing and health care aide schedules and how to manage those in a team. Nursing team and Health Care Aides were a fabulous group of people, which made it easy to come into work each day. Hardest part of the job was getting to know clients, and having to deal with the emotional side when those may pass or get hurt,

Good benefits

The position was a good opportunity. I liked the co-workers I shared an office with. Very team oriented and always helping each other. The benefits were the best. My brother in law was in a severe accident and AHS was very supportive with time off and sick leave.

Pros

co workers and benefits

Cons

no flexible hours and basement office

Alberta Health Services

Not my dream career position, would rather be working directly with clients. I have grown as a person since I started there and enhanced and utilized my skills. I really enjoying working with the people who are in the same office as I am.

Ahs

This has been an amazing experience for me. The people I work with and for are amazing. They are always friendly and have a smile on their faces. This is the career i have always wanted.

Very toxic place to work

The management in the dept. where I worked were horrible, rude & spiteful people. Not allowed to speak your own mind & if you did you were hauled into the office & given a talking to! I do NOT recommend working for this company ever! They kill your spirit & wear you down. Almost suffered a nervous breakdown working there:(

Pros

Great benefits & wages

Cons

Horrible management!

Lots of opportunity to learn useful knowledge in thr future.

This is one of my favorite company in my life. I have learned a lot in this company. They are making people really knowledgeable and responsible.

okay place to work that department would like another department

I like job because it was very physical and had good benefits and the time line. Monday to Friday 6-2 good hour to work worked with my life. Not the best environment to work in no air condition in the summer and working with fecal matter.

Jobs at Alberta Health Services

in Grande Prairie, AB
See more jobs

good job.

the job is great, management is poor, and the work load is to much for the staff they have.they need to pat attention to the little people.

Corporate Safety Advisor

Growing health and safety management system Supportive management Collaborative work with co-workers I learned and increased my facilitation skills in training opportunities. The hardest part of my job was finding ways to communicate with workers in a geographically diverse organization of 100,000 employees where English was a second language, technology was not consistent and there was involvement of unions and the public image.

Pros

Work/Life balance

Cons

Decision making by management was an extensive process

helping clients have a happy more productive day

a good place to work. pays well and its enjoyable caring for people. lots of walking on very hard floors. lots of politics. management is awful except for a very few.

Pros

pay is very good

Cons

never recognized

Productive Office

Very fast-paced, productive office; the days just raced by! Enjoyable work! Lack of good training in department (so I put together a thorough training manual) and poor management, lacking in management skills.

Pros

variety and much to do

Cons

poor management

Nice Job

Awesome Job. Will grow your Maturity, Respect and especially when you see your job well done. Good management and team.

Pros

Supervisor are considerate

Cons

excellent service

its an ambulance service

everyday is different, some more of a challenge than others but we make it thru

Pros

good compensation

Cons

long hours somedays

Busy, fun, lots of learning moments

I enjoy my job, i love working with the clients and group of home care people i work with. The reason for needing out and a different position is that a .4 shift is far from enough hours, so its time to venture out.

Pros

the clients

Cons

not enough hours to live on

Great place to work, always helping people, even the difficult patients,always something interesting going on and always busy.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

no security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement