Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

I worked for AHS in strathmore, the crew is acidic. There is no room for advancement there as the maintenance 3 and 4 are lifers and always have issues. They will be little you and you'll be treated like a piece of cr..p, numerous times there have been HR complaints and nothing gets done. MANAGEMENT is lazy and if you are not a yes man then your f...ed. Best piece of advice don't go to Strathmore. Go to wabasca for a term with good management then pick where you want to go internally. You will get f...ed in strathmore.
Pros
All other departments are great
Cons
The list is too long for that department
Extremely clique based. No room for growth unless the Manager or Directors love you. Extremely unfair and different rules for different individuals. No consistency. Constantly breaking Collective Agreements. My mental health has hugely suffered since working with AHS. They treat admin staff horribly.
I love going to work everyday. Hospital staff and patients are great, however the pay is low for the amount of work we do. Work life balance is great. Management is supportive. You feel like part of a family here.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Low pay
In my opinion the job is great as long you focus on what you're there for. The supervisors for very welcoming and they listen to problems and issues regarding the work
Pros
Premium on evenings and weekends
Cons
No free lunches
Are you looking for any of these qualities in a Peace Officer employer? An employer who takes your safety seriously? An employer who follows best practice and government recommendations for equipment and training? An employer who issues practical, customizable, high quality body armour?An employer who issues the best possible protective tools? An employer who carefully selects the best and brightest applicants?An employer who seeks the feedback from it's front line staff regarding staffing, training and equipment? An employer who can give you a starting point to advance in a law enforcement career? An employer who has an open line of communication between front line staff and leadership? Well, you should keep looking. AHS Protective Services is not that employer.
Pros
The set days off are good.
Cons
Leadership and their decision making abilities
Pros
The set days off are nice.
Cons
Leadership and their decision making abilities
I feel working in a crisis area of pediatric or adult pysc. Unit. There must better better long term leadership with theManagement teamSpecifically daily team debriefing time is a must, not just a two minute shift exchange amongst staff. It is a shared responsiblity if you want long term staff retainment.
Pros
Team strength
Cons
No Debriefing in crisis situation!
RAH is a large hospital with many different units and modalities. I am proud to work here. It is hectic and can be stressful but my work family and management make it possible for balance In and off campus.
A great career can be had at AHS as continuous learning opportunities are provided. A collabotatve work culture has been my experience. Management is not only approachable but also supportive. Coworkers are lovely hardworking dedicated individuals. Shout out to Recovery Supports team with Addiction and Mental Health Exmo to
Experiences and workload depend on the site you are stationed at. For the most part, the managers and experiences I have had been very positive. The work can be quite heavy, and seemingly minor mistakes can really have an impact, but colleges are there for you. Overall, I genuinely enjoy working here, and would recommend to others.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff
Cons
heavy workload
I've been with AHS PS for a number of years and while it's never been great, the shift in leadership in the past couple of years has eroded employee moral faster than anything I've seen before. Between the ineffective equipment selection, increased scrutiny and responsibly without guidance and only hearing from management through form letters sent by secretaries, officers who've been around for years are looking at leaving as are newly hired members like never before. It's hard to reach the guys up at the top and we know they don't want to hear what we have to say.
Pros
The scheduled days are are nice
Cons
Out of touch and ineffective leadership
Overall Alberta Health Services is a good organization to work for. What makes it most satisfactory is the management team. Having a great manager makes all the difference
Pros
Reasonable salary. Good pension plan contributions.
Cons
Larger organization. Slow to make decisions at times.
AHS is a great place to work for! the staff is amazing and is always there to help you if you need it. The training is great. the typical workday is busy!
Don't have much to say this is a casual position with no guarantee of work Good for parttime if thats what your looking for or just a stepping stool for something better
Upper management more interested in their self-importance. They provide little towards the goal of excellent care for all Albertans. There are too many levels of management and this structure needs to be trimmed ans.
Pros
salaries
Cons
Overcompensated management who clog thev system with unimaginative and useless protocols.
AHS generally a good place to work but as a non union employee we have not had any cost of living increases in years. It feels good working and contributing to patient care.
As a part time supervisor my typical day at the Giftshop comprises of handling customer concerns and inquiries, and guiding a team or 8-10 volunteers to ensure smooth operations of the business.
heavy clumsy system with a lot of rules and restrictions, no chance to implement something new and innovative. Forget about personal development and career grow.
Really enjoyed my experience and AHS takes care of their employees well. I have met some amazing colleagues and been able to learn much from them which has been great.
The team I worked with has worst manager. My manager is somewhat racist and moody. Also, team talks a lot about team work during meetings but in real life they all work in Silos. Hated my work at AHS like anything. No Scope to enhance your career path. No one talks about career goals. Director and Manager talks everything like buddies and they underestimate other employees capabilities
Pros
Good Salary, life work balance
Cons
No career growth, works manager
This was a good place to work. There was alot of support. Over all one of the best experiences I really loved the people I worked with as well the collaboration with other non profit organizations.