Alberta Health Services
Alberta Health Services Employee Review

Too many managers!

8 April 2020
It is a very top-heavy organization where everyone is a manager except for you. Because of this, it is a “shut-up and put-up” environment. Very toxic!
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Salary, benefits, pension
23 April 2021
Administrative Support IV (Current Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Extremely clique based. No room for growth unless the Manager or Directors love you. Extremely unfair and different rules for different individuals. No consistency. Constantly breaking Collective Agreements. My mental health has hugely suffered since working with AHS. They treat admin staff horribly.
10 April 2021
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I worked for AHS in strathmore, the crew is acidic. There is no room for advancement there as the maintenance 3 and 4 are lifers and always have issues. They will be little you and you'll be treated like a piece of cr..p, numerous times there have been HR complaints and nothing gets done. MANAGEMENT is lazy and if you are not a yes man then your f...ed. Best piece of advice don't go to Strathmore. Go to wabasca for a term with good management then pick where you want to go internally. You will get f...ed in strathmore.
Pros
All other departments are great
Cons
The list is too long for that department
15 February 2021
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I love going to work everyday. Hospital staff and patients are great, however the pay is low for the amount of work we do. Work life balance is great. Management is supportive. You feel like part of a family here.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Low pay