Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services
View all Alberta Health Services reviews

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Review

Terrible place to work for- filled with politics and dictatorship

My manager was a terrible dictator, he did work which the Union did not approve of. Get a life and do not work here, job stability, sure if you want to spend the rest of your life fighting an individual. Life is greener outside AHS. I couldn't wait to get my foot out !Stay Away !!

Pros

No Pros- Benefits in the name of taking and scraping your money from your pockets.

Cons

Benefits- fight your manager to get it, Management doesn't care how you are kicked around, Terrible Politics, work will be taken away from you, you will be made redundant.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Productive work place

This is a work place where we can identify our knowledge and apply this for the use of the organization. the project manager gives max freedom for ideas
Same roleSame location

Typical Goverment, slow, stupid and waste money!

Do not waste your time! If you are from the private sector, you will find the transition extremely painful and frustrating. You are silo'ed and can only do what you are told / allowed. To support your End Users takes long and because you do not have any permissions, you cannot solve silly issues withing minutes, but it takes days. Do not get me stated on Management! They have no idea what their teams do and force decisions or totally ignore your requests and warnings. The organization structure is top heavy and the team leads have not authority. Everything needs to be checked with management. Talk about inefficiencies! Many of the senior technical employees did not receive any increases for years, so if you going for a position like that, you could be stuck for years on the same salary. Good luck with that. If you are looking for a job where you are constantly waiting on someone, do not feel productive every day, your management ignores you, the performance reviews is a total wash, but you still get paid every month even if you do nothing, then this is place for you!

Pros

Do nothing and still get paid!

Same location

Excellent place to work, happy to recommend to anyone interested!

Although I've been away from AHS for over a year due to illness, it is my strongest wish to rejoin AHS as they are fantastic and make work a true joy!

Pros

understanding, open minded, forward thinking, helpful, courteous and fun people

Cons

the only one ever are people that show up but don't want to put in the effort!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement