Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services
View all Alberta Health Services reviews

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Review

Place you can retire from

Depends where you are working within AHS. The departments tht I have worked, Department of paediatric at AB Children’s hospital was the only place I felt had toxic environment.

Pros

Opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Favouritism

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Productivity

I am retired now but loved my years at AHS. I had routines. Management great. Culture awesome. Friendly and supportive. Polite. Training flexible. Encouraging

Pros

Complimentary

Cons

Long drive
Same role

AHS- Room to Grow if your “IN”

Extremely clique based. No room for growth unless the Manager or Directors love you. Extremely unfair and different rules for different individuals. No consistency. Constantly breaking Collective Agreements. My mental health has hugely suffered since working with AHS. They treat admin staff horribly.
Same location

Variable but much more good than bad

This is a large employer so there are bound to be some poor experiences, but there is a reason it is so hard to get in! There are tons of chances to diversify and try new roles. People are hired for their profession and people do the job they are hired to do. The pay is good. For the most part, everyone wants to work and wants to see patients get quality care. Benefits vary by union so that can be a sore spot. There is only one bad thing about AHS. There are too many opportunities for RNs to work in leadership that isn’t related to nursing, that could be better filled by other professions. But they respect different professions and want to be efficient and effective in providing patients treatment.

Pros

You do the job you’ve been hired to do. There are lots of opportunities to try new jobs.

Cons

The ability to move into new roles makes many positions unstable and temporary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Alberta Health Services with

• Alberta Health Services
  • Place you can retire from