Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services
View all Alberta Health Services reviews

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Review

Good place to learn how a typical day to day basis at work is like.

Excellent managers. Challenging but fun to be part of the team. I have enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills through working at AHS. Great environment.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

To much deduction, working as support staff Payless but deduction is t9 much.

AHS should not double deduction from staff while they had vacation or sick leave or personal leave. We didn’t get double paid for vacation, it’s our save put aside for vacation while we worked ,then when we using those vacations time we not allow to rent our spot to friend that made me so angry with AHS.
Same role

Productive and fun workplace

Hoping that management team can spend more time reaching out and find time to talk to the workers. Aside from that it is a good place to work, benefits are okay as well.
Same location

Probably good, just not for Protective Services

Seems like a great employer, if you wear the right uniform. If you go in as a nurse or physician, you're golden. If you go in as a peace officer or security guard, it's a different story. If you go into this with the intent of being part of Protective Services, be sure you know what you're getting into. The rates of violence and injuries are very closely guarded and they wont publish what the stats are. The issued equipment, is in this weird balance of being aesthetically pleasing the senior leadership and meeting the barest standards functionality for the people using it for 12 hours a day. There's also no way for you to give feedback on your equipment, nor will you be allowed to buy your own out of pocket. You'll get 3 weeks of training as a peace officer. This is supposed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to enforce mental health, public health as well as liquor and cannabis legislation; among many other enforcement situations you will find yourself in. As a guard, you'll get 40 hours. 3 weeks and you're able to suspend the rights of another person... Unlike nurses, paramedics or even maintenance personal, peace officers and guards do not get specialized training based on their location of work. Training and candidates are a one size fits all sort of thing. AHS peace officers are also some of the lowest paid in the province.

Pros

My team mates

Cons

See above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Alberta Health Services with

• Alberta Health Services
  • Good place to learn how a typical day to day basis at work is like.