Alberta Health Services logo
Alberta Health Services
View all Alberta Health Services reviews

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Review

Don't appreciate their health care aides

October 18th is health care aide day, not one card, gift or even a pat on the back from the management. Nurses week is full of games and prizes, baked goods and fun. so if you are a nurse this is a great workplace for you, if you are a HCA stay far away from this company. They act like you are a very valuable member and would help you out in anyway. This is far from true, don't ever feel like you can get help from them for anything. The pay is horrible, most of the HCAs have to work 2 jobs to afford to live. Nurses get full time, HCAs get part time. The only thing that keeps the HCAs sane is the union. You have to use all of your vacation every year, most of your vacation requests will get denied, if you don't use the hours up then they will book your vacation for you. Hurting yourself at a client, submitted safety reports along with other HCAs complaining of the same, instead of trying to fix the problem they shove it under the rug and ask if you want to be re-trained there by anther co-worker, not every single HCA has had that same problem as you so it must be something that you are doing wrong, not the situation. The clients are honestly the best part about the job, well the only good part. Go work for a different company, anywhere will appreciate you more, I promise.

Pros

amazing clients

Cons

the management, pay, hours, appreciation

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive educational and amazing place to work

Productive educational and amazing place to work.I have been actively employed at AHS as a health care aid enjoy every moment of it .They provide lots of education and respect from coworkers clients and management. I continue to excel in my workInterest and requirements on a yearly basis .AHS Has been my full-time employment for the last eight years and four months

Pros

Awesome place to work

Cons

No cons to report
Same role

A good place to work with good benefits and salary.

I worked for Alberta Health Services for 10 years, Employees are encouraged to keep up to date with education in their field of work. Management is approachable if you have any questions.
Same roleSame location

Thorough

Questioning are appropriate for job description. Working for several years with Alberta Health Services has been good to me overall.I would recommend employment with them as a secure career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Alberta Health Services with

• Alberta Health Services
  • Don't appreciate their health care aides