Alberta Health Services
View all Alberta Health Services reviews

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Review

Challenging and grow professionaly

You do your work at your.pace and.no pressure as ling you finish all.work.Its an qutomatic routine. C- workers are not same attitude and character.Just do what you can.Some Nurses are helpful some are not. Working.must be on.prioritization. It is important to ask for.help for the safety of the patient and self..

Pros

Environmentally friendly

Cons

Not too formal.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Educational

Employer worked scheduling around my children and husbands schedule. Loved the hands on care and the staff were professional and a joy to work with was able to enhance nursing skills
Same role

i am happy with my job

I learned all of good things about the nursing job my job made to be a good and strong person it though me about life and what people think about our job. I believe the job I do is the best gift for me.
Same location

Weird place to work

I started working here during COVID-19 as a casual relief admin employee. I was very grateful to have a job during this time when most were being laid off. This was a remote position which was foreign to me. All training is on-line, very brief and they throw you in the deep end without any life preserver. You better do well and figure things out or you will sink. I was doing well enough to be recognized by my superiors so, I was reassigned to another team within AHS. Again, you must learn to swim quickly or you wont survive. They train you just enough for you to hang yourself. If you make it through the first 6 weeks in this department you just might have a chance. I had a very controlling superior who would not let you sink if it meant she would look bad. Then she would save you. There was never enough work for the casuals or temps. I had to ask for more work a lot and they don't like that. As a casual or temp employee you are just occupying a position so they don't lose the FTE. I never really felt as though I was the part of this team. They do not make you feel welcome. This is one of the most toxic environments I have ever worked in. I thought I wanted a career with AHS however, after 9 months I absolutely DO NOT!

Pros

Good job during COVID-19

Cons

Toxic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Alberta Health Services with

• Alberta Health Services
  • Challenging and grow professionaly
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?