Alberta Health Services
View all Alberta Health Services reviews

Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Review

A good place to work with good benefits and salary.

I worked for Alberta Health Services for 10 years, Employees are encouraged to keep up to date with education in their field of work. Management is approachable if you have any questions.

4.0Job security/advancement

Terrible manager

low wages, over worked and always working short. management not understanding and Is ruthless. quite often breaks and lunches are missed and you wont be compensated for them. You cannot plan a vacation because management wont approve them.
Same role

Productive educational and amazing place to work

Productive educational and amazing place to work.I have been actively employed at AHS as a health care aid enjoy every moment of it .They provide lots of education and respect from coworkers clients and management. I continue to excel in my workInterest and requirements on a yearly basis .AHS Has been my full-time employment for the last eight years and four months

Pros

Awesome place to work

Cons

No cons to report

Challenging and rewarding

I work with residents that have dementia and Alzheimer’s which is a challenge. It’s a challenge when I give them direction and they don’t follow and I have to get them to understand to what you want them to do. Another challenge is to have patience when residents ring every few minutes when I’m with another resident. There is always a chance to learn how to get round these challenges.Thank goodness I have a partner to work with through these challenges. The other thing I’m thankful for is the laughs that are shared with the residents. When we can make them laugh there is a connection on a fun level that is so rewarding.

Pros

Support from staff

Cons

Challenges for communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement

Compare Alberta Health Services with

• Alberta Health Services
  • A good place to work with good benefits and salary.