Alberta Glass

Alberta Glass Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Was employed with Alberta Glass for just under a year. Most of the personnel working there have good attitude. The majority of my foreman were knowledgeable and had a good teaching attitude for new employees.
I learned a lot about the trade and enjoyed working with many of the people employed there.

If you have a good attitude and a good work ethic, you will do fine.
I have learnt many things from the people in this company. The project manager, estimator and coordinator are friendly. The branch that I worked in was smaller than the head office. This made us all work as a team.
Wonderful place to work in, employees are amazing, management is on point, and they have an amazing safety program that ensures everybody home safe at the end of the day!
This company supports fat management and lazy foremen willing to destroy and flip flop good glaziers for minimal gains. Calgary branch is filled with adolescents with poor hygiene.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Wasteful and lack luster PMs
estabilidad y respecto, orden y equipo de liderazgo facil de seguir
Pros
Seguro medico privado
Cons
clima
Working with good individuals. Lots of contracts and job security. Supplied workers with benefits after 3 months probatation. Cared about workers and safety. Provided safety training in house at the time.
Alberta glass is a good company, just didn't have enough work in the north to keep all staff working. T o bad I liked working there.
Maybe they will get more work in the north to be able to keep the good staff.
Pros
New building
Cons
No work
I find the [people, the owner and the company to be great. Enjoyed every minute working there. They have been around forever and that is because the do great work.
good, work hard, overtime, work some Saturday
enjoy the staff, different job.

learned to do paper work

look after 3 staff member

no money income over years

work weekend call

did not like going to a job site Saturday, find out nobody come there but do not get a call regarding

no paid for showing up

overtime sometime not paid
Pros
n/c
Cons
n/c
this was a great place to work I worked here while I was laid off from cn the guys you work with are outgoing and willing to train they supply you with everything you need for your job. If i could i would definitely go back
Enjoyed most of my time here with odd exceptions. Learning and improvement is encouraged by some. Ownership puts safety first
Pros
great workers
Cons
senior micro management
If you're not ticketed then you arent given a chance to prove yourself
It was a great place to work back in 2008-2010. Then one of the owners was bought out of the company and it all went downhill from there. They lost about 100 employees in a year and the office turn around was terrible. The owner micro manages everything way too much and there are at least 2 or 3 managers per department and some departments only have 2-3 employees.

Since there are SOOO many managers the communication between departments and field techs is the worst i've ever encountered and there are way too many office staff in ratio to feild techs.

They lost most of their service clients and i would not be suprised if the service department soon becomes obsolete.

The compensation used to be good until they stopped given raises and bonuses and had a company wide wage reduction. But the benefits are the best i've ever seen.

I would strongly suggest not wasting your time with this company as you will be quite disappointed.
benefits
Cons
most stressful place i've ever worked at!!!!
Really enjoy working for Alberta Glass and intend to continue working here for as long as possible.
Pros
good benefits