Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC)

Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) Employee Reviews

Totally the best Company i have had the pleasure to work for

Very good Employer awesome atmosphere,friendly and respectful co-workers. Excellent benefit plan and overall great place to work. The hardest part of the job customer complaints. the best part of the job was dealing with vlt Retailers and casino. The most enjoyable part of the job was trouble shooting problem machines and generate revenue

Pros

Learn something new every day

Cons

Partime

Server Team - Just Say NO

Thought this would be the last job where it turned out to be the worst job. Those that work hard get more work, those that do nothing but suck up are praised and promoted. No chance for advancement. HR and Management need to start doing there work properly.

Pros

Free Outdoor Parking & Earned Days Off

Cons

Incompetency and kissing up is rewarded and promoted, NO respect from management for staff, Old boys /girls club, too many to mention

Good wage, good to staff

Manager always made sure that the employees were always happy and productive, this was one of the best jobs that I had the pleaser of working. All staff were wonderful

Excellent Job Security/Beneftis and close to home

I've worked at AGLC for almost 7 years and have advanced in my career from Administration to Revenue Analyst. I have taken courses through AGLC to further my education. I enjoy my co-workers, and everyone is always willing to help.

Pros

Job security/Personal days/Christmas closure/Compressed work week

Home every night and reasonable pay.

I was at AGLC for only 2 years and I enjoyed my time there. I had gear fun working the Stamped Casino every year. People are great and the boss was a fantastic guy!

Pros

Good home work balance and flexible

Cons

Pay was ok but not substantial.

Fantastic place to work.

I enjoyed my time with the AGLC. They have a lot of resources in place for people to take advantage of for personal and career growth. The benefits and pension were great.

Pros

Great benefits and pension, union.

Cons

Large organization - sometimes communication between departments was an issue.

Casual

I could only work casually for the AGLC after completing my summer student program. I wish I could have stayed longer. The licensing teams are very unique from one another and they were always willing to assist me. This helped my professional growth so much and I wish I could go back.

Pros

Amazing staff, Great hours, Good learning experiences

Cons

Job availability

Very large corporation with many opportunities

spent many years working here starting at Clerk II and working up to Clerk IV. Interaction with stakeholders. Had to learn Policy and Procedures manual for all licence types. Interaction with many other department within company

Pros

close to home free parking

Cons

At that time I wanted part time and only full time was offered

Great place for sheep

If you enjoy blindly follow the sheep, this is a place for you. Don't speak up, don't innovate, don't question authority and you'll have a secure job for life. This is a normal government facility with regular pros and cons.

Pros

Job security, free parking, good pay

Cons

Terribly slow internet with tons of restrictions

Enjoyed the workplace, fellow workers and responsiibility

Joined this company late in my career, wish I had started with them when first moved to Alberta. Enjoyed my responsibility within my location. A very interesting place to work!

Jobs at Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC)

See more jobs

Keep looking elsewhere

This position constantly changes in the delivery and management of your particular area...often without seeking input from the employees. Very little support.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

Numerous unpaid hours

Never the same day twice.

Very interesting job always something new to learn since things are always changing. Very busy call centre environment, shift work was sometimes difficult.

Pros

Always Learning

Cons

Shift work

Physical work, great group of colleges

Worked Basing and topping VLTs for a bit, very physical work, but the coworkers made it worth the while. Had the odd pizza party at lunch, overall it was a fun place to work

Pros

People, Pay

Excellent job

I would get to work and we'd start by getting any paperwork done until senior inspectors were ready to go do inspections. We'd then all get into a company vehicle and drive to the locations. I learned how to better write paperwork and how to be perceptive of my surroundings while doing inspections. Management was great and very organized as well as friendly. Co-workers were great and friendly. Hardest part of the job was going into really intimidating places with the guise of being underage and trying to get alcohol. Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with co-workers.

Pros

Flexible hours, high pay for easy work.

Cons

Days could be quite long and you may be out late.

Temp Work Situation

I worked at AGLC on a Temp basis, and I was there for about a year. The staff I worked with were a great group and treated me as one of them. I was disappointed when my term was done.

Ethical and emence pride in the vision and mission of the organization

A Typical day drafting Proposal, creating and editing Contract Terms and Condition, coaching, and leading teams, Collaborating with procurement team and contributing to leading changes. I have the opportunity to supervise personnel, chair evaluation committee meeting, manage vendor relations, and facilitate Information Technology Contract management meetings. The most gratifying part of my job is the sense of accomplishment at the end of each day knowing that you have

Cons

Perpetual restructuring

Fun, laid back

At Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commision, it was a very fun place to work, management wasn't up tight, they were open to ideas. It was interesting to see the inside of Video Lottery Terminals and how they work.

Great life work balance

Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission has wonderful people. If you are looking for perfect life work balance, this is the best place for you. So much politics and much bureaucratics.

Great people to work with excluding management.

Loved working for the company but the management is horrible. in the 3 years i was there 3 different teams due to corporate restructuring, and non of it was effective for the company.

Pros

cafeteria

Cons

next to no parking

Professional work environemnt

Audit Services is a dynamic work unit that offers the opportunity to help non-profit stakeholders the opportunity to grow their community program.

Pros

Work/Life balance

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunities

Very difficult place to work

The culture of the AGLC, particularly the liquor area, is one of far too many staff members who have been there far too long. There is no opportunity to grow, or to even express new ideas. Bullying is a huge problem and there is excessive turnover. Corporate Services, the last area I worked in, was extremely bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) with

• Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC)