Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) logo
Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC)

Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) Employee Reviews in St. Albert, AB

Good wage, good to staff

Manager always made sure that the employees were always happy and productive, this was one of the best jobs that I had the pleaser of working. All staff were wonderful

Server Team - Just Say NO

Thought this would be the last job where it turned out to be the worst job. Those that work hard get more work, those that do nothing but suck up are praised and promoted. No chance for advancement. HR and Management need to start doing there work properly.

Pros

Free Outdoor Parking & Earned Days Off

Cons

Incompetency and kissing up is rewarded and promoted, NO respect from management for staff, Old boys /girls club, too many to mention

Excellent Job Security/Beneftis and close to home

I've worked at AGLC for almost 7 years and have advanced in my career from Administration to Revenue Analyst. I have taken courses through AGLC to further my education. I enjoy my co-workers, and everyone is always willing to help.

Pros

Job security/Personal days/Christmas closure/Compressed work week

Casual

I could only work casually for the AGLC after completing my summer student program. I wish I could have stayed longer. The licensing teams are very unique from one another and they were always willing to assist me. This helped my professional growth so much and I wish I could go back.

Pros

Amazing staff, Great hours, Good learning experiences

Cons

Job availability

Very large corporation with many opportunities

spent many years working here starting at Clerk II and working up to Clerk IV. Interaction with stakeholders. Had to learn Policy and Procedures manual for all licence types. Interaction with many other department within company

Pros

close to home free parking

Cons

At that time I wanted part time and only full time was offered

Physical work, great group of colleges

Worked Basing and topping VLTs for a bit, very physical work, but the coworkers made it worth the while. Had the odd pizza party at lunch, overall it was a fun place to work

Pros

People, Pay

Temp Work Situation

I worked at AGLC on a Temp basis, and I was there for about a year. The staff I worked with were a great group and treated me as one of them. I was disappointed when my term was done.

Ethical and emence pride in the vision and mission of the organization

A Typical day drafting Proposal, creating and editing Contract Terms and Condition, coaching, and leading teams, Collaborating with procurement team and contributing to leading changes. I have the opportunity to supervise personnel, chair evaluation committee meeting, manage vendor relations, and facilitate Information Technology Contract management meetings. The most gratifying part of my job is the sense of accomplishment at the end of each day knowing that you have

Cons

Perpetual restructuring

Fun, laid back

At Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commision, it was a very fun place to work, management wasn't up tight, they were open to ideas. It was interesting to see the inside of Video Lottery Terminals and how they work.

Great life work balance

Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission has wonderful people. If you are looking for perfect life work balance, this is the best place for you. So much politics and much bureaucratics.

Jobs at Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC)

in St. Albert, AB
See more jobs

Great people to work with excluding management.

Loved working for the company but the management is horrible. in the 3 years i was there 3 different teams due to corporate restructuring, and non of it was effective for the company.

Pros

cafeteria

Cons

next to no parking

Professional work environemnt

Audit Services is a dynamic work unit that offers the opportunity to help non-profit stakeholders the opportunity to grow their community program.

Pros

Work/Life balance

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunities

Very difficult place to work

The culture of the AGLC, particularly the liquor area, is one of far too many staff members who have been there far too long. There is no opportunity to grow, or to even express new ideas. Bullying is a huge problem and there is excessive turnover. Corporate Services, the last area I worked in, was extremely bad.

Interesting and infomative

I learned and got to practice recruitment procedures Created a lunch and learn program great coworkers

Typical Office work, very easy

I would make photocopies and archive, do a lot of work on excell and on the computer. Coworkers are great.

Pros

Subsidized food

Cons

Mind Numbing at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement