Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC)

Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Totally the best Company i have had the pleasure to work for
Very good Employer awesome atmosphere,friendly and respectful co-workers.
Excellent benefit plan and overall great place to work.

The hardest part of the job customer complaints.

the best part of the job was dealing with vlt Retailers and casino.

The most enjoyable part of the job was trouble shooting problem machines and generate revenue
Pros
Learn something new every day
Cons
Partime
Server Team - Just Say NO
Thought this would be the last job where it turned out to be the worst job.

Those that work hard get more work, those that do nothing but suck up are praised and promoted.

No chance for advancement. HR and Management need to start doing there work properly.
Pros
Free Outdoor Parking & Earned Days Off
Cons
Incompetency and kissing up is rewarded and promoted, NO respect from management for staff, Old boys /girls club, too many to mention
Good wage, good to staff
Manager always made sure that the employees were always happy and productive, this was one of the best jobs that I had the pleaser of working. All staff were wonderful
Excellent Job Security/Beneftis and close to home
I've worked at AGLC for almost 7 years and have advanced in my career from Administration to Revenue Analyst. I have taken courses through AGLC to further my education. I enjoy my co-workers, and everyone is always willing to help.
Pros
Job security/Personal days/Christmas closure/Compressed work week
Home every night and reasonable pay.
I was at AGLC for only 2 years and I enjoyed my time there. I had gear fun working the Stamped Casino every year. People are great and the boss was a fantastic guy!
Pros
Good home work balance and flexible
Cons
Pay was ok but not substantial.
Fantastic place to work.
I enjoyed my time with the AGLC. They have a lot of resources in place for people to take advantage of for personal and career growth. The benefits and pension were great.
Pros
Great benefits and pension, union.
Cons
Large organization - sometimes communication between departments was an issue.
Casual
I could only work casually for the AGLC after completing my summer student program. I wish I could have stayed longer. The licensing teams are very unique from one another and they were always willing to assist me. This helped my professional growth so much and I wish I could go back.
Pros
Amazing staff, Great hours, Good learning experiences
Cons
Job availability
Very large corporation with many opportunities
spent many years working here starting at Clerk II and working up to Clerk IV. Interaction with stakeholders. Had to learn Policy and Procedures manual for all licence types. Interaction with many other department within company
Pros
close to home free parking
Cons
At that time I wanted part time and only full time was offered
Great place for sheep
If you enjoy blindly follow the sheep, this is a place for you. Don't speak up, don't innovate, don't question authority and you'll have a secure job for life. This is a normal government facility with regular pros and cons.
Pros
Job security, free parking, good pay
Cons
Terribly slow internet with tons of restrictions
Enjoyed the workplace, fellow workers and responsiibility
Joined this company late in my career, wish I had started with them when first moved to Alberta. Enjoyed my responsibility within my location. A very interesting place to work!
Keep looking elsewhere
This position constantly changes in the delivery and management of your particular area...often without seeking input from the employees. Very little support.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Numerous unpaid hours
Never the same day twice.
Very interesting job always something new to learn since things are always changing. Very busy call centre environment, shift work was sometimes difficult.
Pros
Always Learning
Cons
Shift work
Physical work, great group of colleges
Worked Basing and topping VLTs for a bit, very physical work, but the coworkers made it worth the while. Had the odd pizza party at lunch, overall it was a fun place to work
Pros
People, Pay
Excellent job
I would get to work and we'd start by getting any paperwork done until senior inspectors were ready to go do inspections. We'd then all get into a company vehicle and drive to the locations. I learned how to better write paperwork and how to be perceptive of my surroundings while doing inspections. Management was great and very organized as well as friendly. Co-workers were great and friendly. Hardest part of the job was going into really intimidating places with the guise of being underage and trying to get alcohol. Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, high pay for easy work.
Cons
Days could be quite long and you may be out late.
Temp Work Situation
I worked at AGLC on a Temp basis, and I was there for about a year. The staff I worked with were a great group and treated me as one of them. I was disappointed when my term was done.
Ethical and emence pride in the vision and mission of the organization
A Typical day drafting Proposal, creating and editing Contract Terms and Condition, coaching, and leading teams, Collaborating with procurement team and contributing to leading changes.

I have the opportunity to supervise personnel, chair evaluation committee meeting, manage vendor relations, and facilitate Information Technology Contract management meetings.

The most gratifying part of my job is the sense of accomplishment at the end of each day knowing that you have
Cons
Perpetual restructuring
Fun, laid back
At Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commision, it was a very fun place to work, management wasn't up tight, they were open to ideas. It was interesting to see the inside of Video Lottery Terminals and how they work.
Great life work balance
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission has wonderful people. If you are looking for perfect life work balance, this is the best place for you. So much politics and much bureaucratics.
Great people to work with excluding management.
Loved working for the company but the management is horrible. in the 3 years i was there 3 different teams due to corporate restructuring, and non of it was effective for the company.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
next to no parking
Professional work environemnt
Audit Services is a dynamic work unit that offers the opportunity to help non-profit stakeholders the opportunity to grow their community program.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
Very difficult place to work
The culture of the AGLC, particularly the liquor area, is one of far too many staff members who have been there far too long. There is no opportunity to grow, or to even express new ideas. Bullying is a huge problem and there is excessive turnover. Corporate Services, the last area I worked in, was extremely bad.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC). Our community is ready to answer.
4.2