Alberta Blue Cross Employee Review

View all Alberta Blue Cross reviews

Abc
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
This is a company that expects a high amount of detail and output. There isn't a lot of room for advancement because the employees are quite happy in their positions and the only people leaving are the ones retiring. This employer takes pride in caring about the employees ensuring this is a healthy workplace. Its a good place to work with friendly people.
Cons
No parking available

Other Alberta Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Toxic work culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2019
Worked as a junior business analyst at blue cross for about 18months. I was fresh out of university with minimal experience. The first month or two was ok but after that I had minimal supports. Anytime I would go to my manager for assistance on a task I would get sneered at and could hear muttering under his breath when I went away.

It's evident that many people who work here hate their job (or more likely, their life). Most people were so unfriendly. I can't blame them though, if I worked here 10 years and was making well-below industry standards, and had to come to this dark, dingy building everyday, I might be a little chapped too.

The raises are absolutely pathetic. We're talking like maybe $100/year which is not even in line with inflation. Blue Cross claims to have education grants for use for the employees to better themselves and their careers. Well, as a junior BA why wouldn't they foot the bill for me to take the BA certificate at NAIT? And, why did they expect me to take it on the weekends!?

Management seems to have their own clique and look down on us regular joes. This really was the worst job ever. After speaking wtih other BAs, this is what happens - you graduate from university, get a couple years experience at this craphole, then move onto greener pastures.
So glad I am now with a company that values their employees. This new company is a complete 180. I make 15k more a year now, get my education paid for (and get to take it on the weekday), and we have several potlucks and recognize employees for their achievements.
Do NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Earned days off, but any other Pro is overshadowed by the Cons
Cons
Stressful work environment, demeaning management, useless HR
Incredible work environment with many opportunities.
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2019
A typical day at work contains interesting work, but is not too stressful. I learned how to manage my time and to always be honest with managers. I loved working with the amazing workers.