Albarrie Canada Limited
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Working at Albarrie Canada Limited: Latest Albarrie Canada Limited Reviews

Canada35 reviews

A growth opportunity

This was one of my first jobs out of college and I learned a lot. The whole experience was a mixed bag but I really learned to hone my listening skills and a lot of my team members were very lovely.

11 February 2021
Albarrie thrives on developing our staff and progressing them within their career and organization. If an employee is willing to learn and put in the time and effort, there are endless opportunities at Albarrie.

Look Elsewhere

Very unprofessional HR. CEO is the definition of a micromanager. If you like walking on egg shells and your management having zero trust in you, this is your place to work.

Insights into Albarrie Canada Limited

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks

If you keen to learn a ton and advance in your career, then your at the right place.

The ownership always take care of their employees. Lots of opportunities available within the company to grow with. Lots of give-a-ways gifts. Fun and helpful co-workers.

Pros

Great company! Lots of give-a-ways gifts program!

Cons

None.

Great company, great people, really want you to succeed at your position

Great training, very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Good mix of long and short tenured employees. Relaxed working environment where everyone is working to accomplish their tasks.

Pros

Great people, good work-life balance, company is investing in its future

Relaxed and fun environment

I am so pleased I accepted my role with Albarrie. It is different then anything I have ever done. Exceptional training when I began with learning from colleagues in every department to build my knowledge.

Pros

Work/life balance, wellness program, benefits, Rrsp

Great Company!

I was leery to accept employment with this company based on their online reviews. However, working here has been a great experience, and I am very lucky to have been selected to work here. Human Resources has been wonderful. They are very knowledgeable and patient. The owners really go out of their way to recognize people's efforts, and truly care about everyone on this team. From production level associates to office staff, all are treated with dignity, and respect. I look forward to a long and challenging career at Albarrie!

Pros

Compensation, Work/Life Balance, People

People are very fake

Worked here for a while, most people are very fake and will backstab you every chance they get just to benefit themselves. All the good people usually leave pretty fast....Health and safety and human resources are huge....no pun intended.

Pros

Cons

Almost everything about the company

Great Local Opportunity

For many years I have worked outside of Barrie, doing the long commute into the city. When I saw the posting at Albarrie I didn’t know this company existed. I joined 3 years ago and have never looked back. It isn’t everyday you find a local, family owned company with a presence spanning over 40 years. Successful business do not succeed if there aren’t great people to work with and a drive for growth. A local business, supporting the local community and employing many.

Pros

Tenured staff, growing company, great benefits and perks, Local

Very negative company culture

Top 10 in Canada for highest company turnover rate. They clearly do not know how to treat their employees at all. Job titles do not mean much since everyone who stays long enough will be called a director. The only requirement is to be able to tolerate working here. HR and H&S don't help employees at all. They usually just sit and watch the cameras until someone slips. Be careful who you trust....

Pros

Cons

Too many

16 September 2021
Albarrie has reviewed your feedback and would have to disagree. To build a company culture it takes all our employees to form these relationships and work together to continually improve. Albarrie values the staff who are key contributors within the organization and promotes from within, as we see fit. Promotion gives employees opportunities for growth and career development. Albarrie does have security cameras for health and safety purposes. Our facility works over night and we are required to keep them safe.

Growing Organization

I have no been with AB for 5 years- and it was a great choice to join. The organization is growing and investing in bringing on new machinery. As is with every company - there are good days and stressful days, however, as a team we always manage through. The work-life balance is great, Monday-Friday day shift. Not expected to work afternoons or overnights. There is a good mix of old staff and new staff which can be a challenge, but good learning experience.

Pros

Day shifts, paid lunch, paid sick days, corporate bonuses, great employees

16 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Albarrie. We hope you continue your career with the organization.

Dysfunctional Workplace

Albarrie is a very dysfunctional company, it gets worse everyday. Management is very toxic and pretty oblivious of what goes on throughout the company. Most people like to keep their workplace "confidential" because it is pretty embarrassing working at Albarrie.

Pros

Cons

No growth or improvement to your career

12 April 2021
Albarrie has an open door policy for all of our employees. As a current employee and this negative feedback, you are encouraged to speak to your direct Manager or Human Resources to discussed the reason for your dissatisfaction. There are many opportunities for growth and career development, for those who are willing to discuss it.

Worst Company Ever

By far the worst place you can work at. The HR manager and senior management has made the environment very toxic. There are cameras everywhere and they watch your every step. Some people leave after a week they get hired because they see how negative the environment is and how fake the people are. Although there are some nice people, they usually leave pretty fast. Honestly don't know anyone that liked working at Albarrie, but management seems to think otherwise. People who have been at Albarrie for a long time are usually because they have no where else to go, not because they want to be there. Nobody would work at Albarrie if they had a choice.Management will say ANYTHING to hide how toxic the company is and how terrible they treat their employees.

Pros

A few people

Cons

Toxic Environment, Unprofessional, Horrible Management

17 March 2021
Albarrie has reviewed your feedback and would have to disagree. It is also noted that your review is unprofessional and defamatory in nature. Individuals have their own experiences and perceptions, and this review does not reflect the environment at Albarrie.

Lovely employees, toxic workplace

Albarrie is a very toxic place to work. Owner and managers are VERY controlling. High micro management. Clock in and out system even for office employees. No work from home opportunities during covid and no advancement opportunities. People who have been there for 20+ years only stay because there is no where else for them to go. Unfortunate because company itself has potential and lovely people work there.

Pros

lovely employees

Cons

too many to list

10 March 2021
Albarrie prides itself on fair and equitable treatment of its employees. A normal practice for legal payroll legislation and auditing is that there are documented practice of time worked versus time paid. As a manufacturing company and many of the roles that production and office staff hold, it is difficult to allow many of our roles to work remotely. The interaction between plant and office is imperative to continue to manage and run the day to day business. Albarrie did receive recognition from the local Public Health services on the efforts and processes it has been in place throughout the COVID pandemic.

Horrible paying company

This company has been looking for a civil technologist for a long time. Do not work for them, they offer bottom of the barrel wages and expect you to work like a dog. For all you new Civil technologists do not work for them. Keep looking and don't accept bottom of the barrel wages, Know your worth. I switched job and went up $4.60 more per hour than they were offering and I'm still fairly new out of school. They are delusional here.

Pros

Phone screening, Honest about hourly wage up front

Cons

Bottom of the barrel wages and sound like they have no clue.

11 February 2021
As an established organization, Albarrie does outsourced compensation reviews with consulting partners each year. Our wages and benefits are very competitive for the marketplace we are in, and as our employees grow and develop they are remunerated accordingly.

A Place to Grow

My time here at Albarrie has been a good experience. The work environment was exceptional and I was welcomed into my team and the company from day one. I was well supported in both my initial training and my day to day tasks. Albarrie has proved to be a great stepping stone in my career. There is great career advancement within the company and you develop skills that can applicable to work outside the company as well.

Pros

A great welcoming environment that allows you to develop and grow.

Cons

Sometimes advancement in the company is dependent on available open positions.

11 February 2021
Albarrie appreciates your feedback! Wishing you the best in your future endeavours.

Great place

This place is cool if you like a fast paced environment cause its always changing, I feel like I have a place to stay. IDC about what former employees say.

Pros

Bosses that want us all to succeed

Cons

It can get hot working in the plant

10 March 2021
Albarrie appreciates your feedback! Wishing you the best in your career with Albarrie.

Disabled employees are treated unfairly and i wouldn't work there again if they paid me double. Cant speak to anyone unless you're on break.

Its a very negative atmosphere. People don't talk or even smile there. They're head is always down and we were told no talking constantly. Not my kind of atmosphere at all.

11 February 2021
As an established employer, Albarrie has professional policies and procedures development to treat all of our employees in a fair and equitable manner. In production type roles, it is important to stay focused, due to accident and injuries that can occur. However, Albarrie encourages our employees to make connections with their colleagues.

every single person in the office is a snake

extremely fast paced and stressful, time is money and run time is more important than efficiency. safety is paramount until there's a time crunch or the plant manager promised something at a certain time and then a machine breaks down because it's held together by duct tape and you're down for an extended period of time because they're so ridiculously cheap

Pros

some depts have 3 day weekends

Cons

wolves in sheep's clothing everywhere

11 February 2021
At Albarrie there is an entire health and safety division that is dedicated to the safety and well being of each employee. There are continual reviews of standard operating procedures, machine reviews, and Albarrie is audited under an external body for their health and safety protocols. Based on the type of manufacturing Albarrie does (filtration fabrics) some of the machinery is old, however, that does not mean it is unsafe.

Doing the right thing during COVID!

got a cash bonus and thank you card from the owners yesterday four following healthy safety rules. Nice Bonus! they have kept us working all through COVID

17 March 2021
Albarrie was deemed as an essential business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Management understood this was a difficult time for everyone with a lot of uncertainty and anxiety. Albarrie appreciates all of our employees efforts in being at work and fulfilling our customer needs. A small token of our appreciation in the form of a bonus for our employees. We will get through this together!

sewer position

for the recent pandemic the company was determined to essential so we all stayed working lots of scared workers but managers and owners had regular meetings with all staff in group and individually. It really feels like we all matter. I can't say enough about how well I feel about working here. Way to go albarrie!

10 March 2021
Albarrie appreciates your feedback. As an employer in Simcoe County, Albarrie was recognized by the Public Health team with the rigorous health and safety measures and processes that have been implemented to keep our workplace safe. It has been a journey, but Albarrie has gotten through it together!

Insides Sales

Overall a hard working environment that makes you strive to achieve goals. With this position you have your weekends off and work regular hours Decent benefits that cover both individual and family needs Good job security with potential to advance to a different position within the sales team. Some clashes of culture between older and new employees. But management is good at refereeing. Very multicultural with great outside community building events.

17 March 2021
Albarrie appreciates your feedback. Work-life balance and ensuring our employees have what they need to take care of their family needs is top priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albarrie Canada Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement