Alarm Guard Security

Alarm Guard Security Employee Reviews

We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
good
good
This is a job that I personally enjoyed doing. This job is not for everybody so after getting accepted. Try it for a week and see for yourself if you like it. This job taught me a lot of things. It made me better with my intellectual and presentation skills. You get to really experience this job if you work hard enough. Simply showing up and doing your job isn't enough. A lot of negative reviews are those from people who probably have never worked hard and expected to get something by just doing half of their effort. This job is not a retail or a typical job. This job is for those who are passionate and who are striving for success. When it comes to experience and gaining skills. This job is perfect for that. My review is based on my experience and my experience alone. I simply cannot tell you that you will love this job. But personally I love this job. I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. To those that got an interview and got accepted. Just try for a week, don't quit on your first day, you might like this job.
Pros
Experience, Skills impovement.
Cons
Working at AGS gives you the freedom to earn unlimited income. The 30 - 90 day excel management training is second to none.. Hands on field training. You will learn how to run a small business. And can eventually open up your own office any where in Canada.
Pros
Sponsored vacations... Trips to Cancun, Cabo, Bahamas.
Cons
Long hours. not for the small thinking hourly person.
Currently I’m working for Alarm guard security for the past 2 years. This place gave me the opportunity to make some serious money. It’s hard at the begining, I had to learn through trainings and in the field. Once I figured it out it comes naturally. Management is awesome, always have clear expectations and clear instructions. Very supportive, doors are always open.
Pros
No salary cap
Cons
Paperwork
This company really knows how to take someone with little to no experience and help train and educate the people that represent them. Everyone has been super friendly so far and I honestly cannot complain. Management is very patient and cares about being there to help guide and find answers. Coming from sales background typically people don't like to work together to help one another out. Not with these guys and gals. They are there to make it fun and exciting every single day.
Pros
Training provided
I was top performance on appointment taking was offered a supervisor position and sales rep agent position too...but i disnt have a car and supercisor was not very well paid i look for a well paid job
Pros
Free lunches
Before going for the interview, please do more research about the company and what they do to make sure you understand the position before coming in. If you apply for sale position, do not think that you are coming in for office based/management position AND vice versa. The company is not a fraud like the previous comments. The people there works like others to earn their paycheque. If you dare to dream big and walk the talk, you will definitely be a good fit!
Pros
put in hard work and you will be very successful here, I have seen people staying with the company for 5-10 years
Cons
must be very self-discipline to push yourself forward and work harder
Exciting place to work for, especially if you want to build your confidence and communication skills Go out, talk to a lot of new people every day, very challenging for an introvert like me, but I eventually get out of my comfort zone to master it. Can say proudly that I can talk to anyone now. Great money if you work hard.
Pros
lots of room for growth, work harder, make more income, no limitation on a "capped salary"
Cons
may work in bad weather condition, but that is the time you make the most deals
The day would begin by us being dropped in a locality where we are suppose to perfom door-to-door sales for the alarm guard. Communication skills were the most learned part as well as interacting with people boosted up my morale to talk to anyone and everyone. Management was good, helpful and always ready to help for all the issues. The hardest part was to work in all kinds of weather. The most enjoyable part comes after closing the deal and getting good commissions and a cheer up by the team leader and the appreciation helped boost up for the coming days.
Pros
commission based
Cons
work in all kinds of weather
AlarmGuard is a company that tries, and grows quickly; but in the end is currently having trouble supporting its growth. They're building a skyscraper with no support beams. This leads to management silence; - Short conversations when long ones should be had - Lack of support from the main company - Long wait times for anwsers - Customers being left "hanging" Although the intentions of the company IS to grow, I feel it should be reinforced first. In the end, however; I'd recommend taking a position at AlarmGuard. The learning experience is great, and commissions are too (so long as you're able to do the work)
Pros
The Money
Cons
Lack of a "life", and not enough structure.
no planing long days no live out side of the job they bring you to places ware it is next to impossible to make a sale if i were you i'll keep looking for a job
Cons
it's all cons
Individual differences. It might be a fun place for you. It is an interesting job especially when we had to interact in the meeting before going on field.
Dont work there unless you have nothing better to do.... They lie. They have you work for long hours with no base pay. its NOT GOOD for students..as they try to sell you. Everyone who works there leaves asap
Pros
Fun co-workers, depending
Cons
long hours. no base. company lies about commission, low-life jerks