Alarm Guard Security

Alarm Guard Security Work-life balance reviews

This job at ADT is helping me with my communication skills and the ability to think on my feet. It is very collaborative with team meetings to practice and discuss scenarios while talking on the phone and having multiple points of view really helps. We each have our own style of talking to people and we find what works best for us. Superiors are available to help 24/7 with any problem.
Pros
Very collaborative and teaches communication skills
Cons
I Have almost completed a year now with alarm guard , i love working here as it suits me in every-way. I feel this company has given me great start with my future. everyone working here are very helpful and really nice. great place to work
Pros
everything about this place
Cons
nothing
Authorized dealer for ADT by Telus, genuinely good products at reasonable prices. Management is helpful and nice co-workers. Office is well connected by public transit. You can move up the ladder if you work hard. Not much micro-management.
They get you in for an interview and not really tell you it's actually a door-to-door job. Staffs are extremely friendly but I am certain that 90% of the sales reps are not happy there. You start off with a base salary and quickly learn that you will be converted to commission only. Imagine knocking on 100 strangers doors daily and hoping they would buy a 3 year contract to make a living. This is a fine starting point if you want to learn a few things about sales but unfortunately nothing long term.
Routine work Repetitive tasks No plus People get nervous of the company because of too much call The employers aren't good bad salary comparing with the effort made
This job actually makes you LOSE money every day you work. If you make no money (almost always) but still pay transit fares twice and also stop for lunch and dinner, YOU ARE LOSING MONEY AND NEED TO FIND A NEW JOB. $800-$1000 A WEEK IS UNREALISTIC. The vast majority of people quit once they realize how one person realistically can only get 0-1 sales per week, even if they keep working and gain experience. They also lie because I was told a $75 compensation if 3 presentations were given, but at training, I found out you make nothing for no sales. Training is also unpaid! The work day doesn't go from 1-9. They want you there at 12, then you wait around 60-90 min for your team lead. You waste hours getting there and buying lunch (the place you do is often AT LEAST) an hour away. During these hours you can often find the other sales reps complain about also barely making any money from this job. You only really start hitting doors at around 5, and once 9 hits, you gotta make the 1+ hr drive back. Not only that, you waste time stopping and buying dinner, which again, you made no sales today, so you're losing more money. You realistically get back to the office at 11 -12ish and now have to commute back. In all, just an awful experience.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Please don't work here. It's a waste of time and money.
This is a job that I personally enjoyed doing. This job is not for everybody so after getting accepted. Try it for a week and see for yourself if you like it. This job taught me a lot of things. It made me better with my intellectual and presentation skills. You get to really experience this job if you work hard enough. Simply showing up and doing your job isn't enough. A lot of negative reviews are those from people who probably have never worked hard and expected to get something by just doing half of their effort. This job is not a retail or a typical job. This job is for those who are passionate and who are striving for success. When it comes to experience and gaining skills. This job is perfect for that. My review is based on my experience and my experience alone. I simply cannot tell you that you will love this job. But personally I love this job. I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. To those that got an interview and got accepted. Just try for a week, don't quit on your first day, you might like this job.
Pros
Experience, Skills impovement.
Cons
Working at AGS gives you the freedom to earn unlimited income. The 30 - 90 day excel management training is second to none.. Hands on field training. You will learn how to run a small business. And can eventually open up your own office any where in Canada.
Pros
Sponsored vacations... Trips to Cancun, Cabo, Bahamas.
Cons
Long hours. not for the small thinking hourly person.
Currently I’m working for Alarm guard security for the past 2 years. This place gave me the opportunity to make some serious money. It’s hard at the begining, I had to learn through trainings and in the field. Once I figured it out it comes naturally. Management is awesome, always have clear expectations and clear instructions. Very supportive, doors are always open.
Pros
No salary cap
Cons
Paperwork
This company really knows how to take someone with little to no experience and help train and educate the people that represent them. Everyone has been super friendly so far and I honestly cannot complain. Management is very patient and cares about being there to help guide and find answers. Coming from sales background typically people don't like to work together to help one another out. Not with these guys and gals. They are there to make it fun and exciting every single day.
Pros
Training provided
Before going for the interview, please do more research about the company and what they do to make sure you understand the position before coming in. If you apply for sale position, do not think that you are coming in for office based/management position AND vice versa. The company is not a fraud like the previous comments. The people there works like others to earn their paycheque. If you dare to dream big and walk the talk, you will definitely be a good fit!
Pros
put in hard work and you will be very successful here, I have seen people staying with the company for 5-10 years
Cons
must be very self-discipline to push yourself forward and work harder
Exciting place to work for, especially if you want to build your confidence and communication skills Go out, talk to a lot of new people every day, very challenging for an introvert like me, but I eventually get out of my comfort zone to master it. Can say proudly that I can talk to anyone now. Great money if you work hard.
Pros
lots of room for growth, work harder, make more income, no limitation on a "capped salary"
Cons
may work in bad weather condition, but that is the time you make the most deals
AlarmGuard is a company that tries, and grows quickly; but in the end is currently having trouble supporting its growth. They're building a skyscraper with no support beams. This leads to management silence; - Short conversations when long ones should be had - Lack of support from the main company - Long wait times for anwsers - Customers being left "hanging" Although the intentions of the company IS to grow, I feel it should be reinforced first. In the end, however; I'd recommend taking a position at AlarmGuard. The learning experience is great, and commissions are too (so long as you're able to do the work)
Pros
The Money
Cons
Lack of a "life", and not enough structure.
no planing long days no live out side of the job they bring you to places ware it is next to impossible to make a sale if i were you i'll keep looking for a job
Cons
it's all cons
Dont work there unless you have nothing better to do.... They lie. They have you work for long hours with no base pay. its NOT GOOD for students..as they try to sell you. Everyone who works there leaves asap
Pros
Fun co-workers, depending
Cons
long hours. no base. company lies about commission, low-life jerks