Alarm Guard Security

Alarm Guard Security Pay & benefits reviews

Exciting place to work for, especially if you want to build your confidence and communication skills Go out, talk to a lot of new people every day, very challenging for an introvert like me, but I eventually get out of my comfort zone to master it. Can say proudly that I can talk to anyone now. Great money if you work hard.
Pros
lots of room for growth, work harder, make more income, no limitation on a "capped salary"
Cons
may work in bad weather condition, but that is the time you make the most deals
Absolutely love it! Salary, you get paid for what you put into it. But they provide you with all the daily training, reading and roleplaying to make you a top rep. Started in the Toronto office and now in Alberta for the summer sales program. The sales team feels like family. The managers push you to be the best in all areas of your life, not just in sales for them. I find the job has really changed the way I interact with everyone in my life for the better, I find I see huge improvements in other areas of my life that have been created from ADT. It's scary in the beginning, but it's so rewarding and the money is ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. Can't expect the big bucks on day 1, compound interest.
Pros
Supportive team, Money, Self-improvement in many areas of life
Cons
knocking outside in all weather. Hard in the beginning because it's scary when it's new
Some staff were very nice, but higher up was terrible. Person who works below the owner yells and demoralizes employees. Treat and talks to them like they’re scum not even worth being respected. They talk poorly about clients and other staff. Embarrassing. When Labor Board calls, they get sent to a voicemail that is full that never gets checked. No benefits. Poor pay. A sham altogether.
Cons
They get you in for an interview and not really tell you it's actually a door-to-door job. Staffs are extremely friendly but I am certain that 90% of the sales reps are not happy there. You start off with a base salary and quickly learn that you will be converted to commission only. Imagine knocking on 100 strangers doors daily and hoping they would buy a 3 year contract to make a living. This is a fine starting point if you want to learn a few things about sales but unfortunately nothing long term.
Routine work Repetitive tasks No plus People get nervous of the company because of too much call The employers aren't good bad salary comparing with the effort made
First and foremost they put you through sales training where you learn abysmally offensive sales tactics. I'm astounded they advise people to act like this in someone else's home. They prey on the most desperate of people. Their turnover is so high (90%+) they won't even give you a free shirt, binder or paper because they're afraid of losing money. They interview view but will accept you regardless of where you come from. The trainers can barely spell and are clearly uneducated and show only the skill of deceiving people. Some individuals in training looked borderline homeless. Don't be mislead by the job description. You will be walking door to door pushing people to be a security system - even if they already have one. Their salary figures are completely fake. They say you can make 20,000 in 4 months or 1000 a week, but everyday they tell you it's smaller and smaller. In training they tell you around 600 a week, and your team leader will tell you that's unrealistic. It's a business based on lies and you will feel guilty as a person by working here. Their gym is 3 generic workout machines on a disgusting floor in a place that looks like it was meant to be a mechanics shop. You will go hours out of your way to try and get one sale and most likely won't, because nobody wants to buy a security system from someone who's goal is to find the easiest way into their house, but with them in front of them. Stay away. You're honestly better off staying at home. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
First, this place is a health hazard, it had not been maintained properly. Not only it is dirty, air circulation is also very poor inside the office. Heat/AC often malfunctions and had not been cleaned for many years. No hot water in any tap, bathrooms are dark and have no ventilations or windows at all. The office is surrounded by many "spy camera" looking at worker's desk, workers are not allowed to interact with others or the owner will either call or come over to tell you to face back to your own desk. The management also allow bullies and of course they are the biggest bullies themselves. Swearing words, yelling and verbal harassments are all over the place. They would also hire every single person who comes in for an interview to be their "contract outside sales", which is 100% commission, no background check is required. These new recruits will be all travelling on a company vehicle to get drop off to do door-to-door sales and giving out the company flyer about home security system. If you are lucky enough to get a sales during the trip, you will get pay in about a week time after it is being installed. The only benefit to work here is because it is very close to home, and working inside the office get stable salary and always get paid on time.
Pros
Close to home with bus stop at front door
Cons
Everything else
Definitely the most fun working experience that I have been in. Not designed for everyone due to the nature of the role, you will be putting through tests for your interpersonal skills, ability to connect with people and good salesmanship. When you really get comfortable and become sufficient with this job, you will be rewarded greatly with both experience and compensation.
Pros
Experience, Learning opportunity, Improve sales skills
Cons
Work outside of regular hours, Takes commitment to do well
This job actually makes you LOSE money every day you work. If you make no money (almost always) but still pay transit fares twice and also stop for lunch and dinner, YOU ARE LOSING MONEY AND NEED TO FIND A NEW JOB. $800-$1000 A WEEK IS UNREALISTIC. The vast majority of people quit once they realize how one person realistically can only get 0-1 sales per week, even if they keep working and gain experience. They also lie because I was told a $75 compensation if 3 presentations were given, but at training, I found out you make nothing for no sales. Training is also unpaid! The work day doesn't go from 1-9. They want you there at 12, then you wait around 60-90 min for your team lead. You waste hours getting there and buying lunch (the place you do is often AT LEAST) an hour away. During these hours you can often find the other sales reps complain about also barely making any money from this job. You only really start hitting doors at around 5, and once 9 hits, you gotta make the 1+ hr drive back. Not only that, you waste time stopping and buying dinner, which again, you made no sales today, so you're losing more money. You realistically get back to the office at 11 -12ish and now have to commute back. In all, just an awful experience.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Please don't work here. It's a waste of time and money.
Currently I’m working for Alarm guard security for the past 2 years. This place gave me the opportunity to make some serious money. It’s hard at the begining, I had to learn through trainings and in the field. Once I figured it out it comes naturally. Management is awesome, always have clear expectations and clear instructions. Very supportive, doors are always open.
Pros
No salary cap
Cons
Paperwork
I was top performance on appointment taking was offered a supervisor position and sales rep agent position too...but i disnt have a car and supercisor was not very well paid i look for a well paid job
Pros
Free lunches
Dont work there unless you have nothing better to do.... They lie. They have you work for long hours with no base pay. its NOT GOOD for students..as they try to sell you. Everyone who works there leaves asap
Pros
Fun co-workers, depending
Cons
long hours. no base. company lies about commission, low-life jerks