Alarm Guard Security

Alarm Guard Security Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
good
good
This job at ADT is helping me with my communication skills and the ability to think on my feet. It is very collaborative with team meetings to practice and discuss scenarios while talking on the phone and having multiple points of view really helps. We each have our own style of talking to people and we find what works best for us. Superiors are available to help 24/7 with any problem.
Pros
Very collaborative and teaches communication skills
Cons
I took this D2D role as a recent university graduate with an objective to enhance my people's skills. Due to my introverted nature, I chose to step out of my comfort zone by meeting strangers. It was a good experience in this sense and there were encouraging and supporting managers. It can be fun if you enjoy the work. Most sales reps last at most for a week or two. The payment was purely commission-based and only when a contract is signed and a security system is successfully installed in the customer's house. But there is ABSOLUTELY no communication from the managers and administration regarding canceled installations. I find out on payday. The managers keep stressing the fact that they cannot tolerate dishonesty towards the customers, yet they are betraying the trust of employees. The whole company takes advantage of young graduates and present them with false hopes. I get that income is uncapped but there are several external factors as well such as cold climate, and the fact that the manager kept procrastinating on printing my ID Badge. These are just some of my awful experiences. There is much more.
They get you in for an interview and not really tell you it's actually a door-to-door job. Staffs are extremely friendly but I am certain that 90% of the sales reps are not happy there. You start off with a base salary and quickly learn that you will be converted to commission only. Imagine knocking on 100 strangers doors daily and hoping they would buy a 3 year contract to make a living. This is a fine starting point if you want to learn a few things about sales but unfortunately nothing long term.
Alarm Guard provides on the job training not only on its products but also on how to make sales in general and address people's wants and needs to capitalize on them. Possiblity of growth within the company from sales rep to team leader and possibly branch manager if you make sales and show exceptional skills. Also, provided with a free gym, pool table, tennis table and the possibility to travel around Ontario
fun workplace. sell home security door to door. good if you want to improve your sales skills and gain experience. this job will teach you communication skills.
Pros
fun workplace
First and foremost they put you through sales training where you learn abysmally offensive sales tactics. I'm astounded they advise people to act like this in someone else's home. They prey on the most desperate of people. Their turnover is so high (90%+) they won't even give you a free shirt, binder or paper because they're afraid of losing money. They interview view but will accept you regardless of where you come from. The trainers can barely spell and are clearly uneducated and show only the skill of deceiving people. Some individuals in training looked borderline homeless. Don't be mislead by the job description. You will be walking door to door pushing people to be a security system - even if they already have one. Their salary figures are completely fake. They say you can make 20,000 in 4 months or 1000 a week, but everyday they tell you it's smaller and smaller. In training they tell you around 600 a week, and your team leader will tell you that's unrealistic. It's a business based on lies and you will feel guilty as a person by working here. Their gym is 3 generic workout machines on a disgusting floor in a place that looks like it was meant to be a mechanics shop. You will go hours out of your way to try and get one sale and most likely won't, because nobody wants to buy a security system from someone who's goal is to find the easiest way into their house, but with them in front of them. Stay away. You're honestly better off staying at home. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Definitely the most fun working experience that I have been in. Not designed for everyone due to the nature of the role, you will be putting through tests for your interpersonal skills, ability to connect with people and good salesmanship. When you really get comfortable and become sufficient with this job, you will be rewarded greatly with both experience and compensation.
Pros
Experience, Learning opportunity, Improve sales skills
Cons
Work outside of regular hours, Takes commitment to do well
This is a job that I personally enjoyed doing. This job is not for everybody so after getting accepted. Try it for a week and see for yourself if you like it. This job taught me a lot of things. It made me better with my intellectual and presentation skills. You get to really experience this job if you work hard enough. Simply showing up and doing your job isn't enough. A lot of negative reviews are those from people who probably have never worked hard and expected to get something by just doing half of their effort. This job is not a retail or a typical job. This job is for those who are passionate and who are striving for success. When it comes to experience and gaining skills. This job is perfect for that. My review is based on my experience and my experience alone. I simply cannot tell you that you will love this job. But personally I love this job. I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. To those that got an interview and got accepted. Just try for a week, don't quit on your first day, you might like this job.
Pros
Experience, Skills impovement.
Cons
Before going for the interview, please do more research about the company and what they do to make sure you understand the position before coming in. If you apply for sale position, do not think that you are coming in for office based/management position AND vice versa. The company is not a fraud like the previous comments. The people there works like others to earn their paycheque. If you dare to dream big and walk the talk, you will definitely be a good fit!
Pros
put in hard work and you will be very successful here, I have seen people staying with the company for 5-10 years
Cons
must be very self-discipline to push yourself forward and work harder
no planing long days no live out side of the job they bring you to places ware it is next to impossible to make a sale if i were you i'll keep looking for a job
Cons
it's all cons
Individual differences. It might be a fun place for you. It is an interesting job especially when we had to interact in the meeting before going on field.
Dont work there unless you have nothing better to do.... They lie. They have you work for long hours with no base pay. its NOT GOOD for students..as they try to sell you. Everyone who works there leaves asap
Pros
Fun co-workers, depending
Cons
long hours. no base. company lies about commission, low-life jerks