Alarm Guard Security

Alarm Guard Security Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

This is a job that I personally enjoyed doing. This job is not for everybody so after getting accepted. Try it for a week and see for yourself if you like it. This job taught me a lot of things. It made me better with my intellectual and presentation skills. You get to really experience this job if you work hard enough. Simply showing up and doing your job isn't enough. A lot of negative reviews are those from people who probably have never worked hard and expected to get something by just doing half of their effort. This job is not a retail or a typical job. This job is for those who are passionate and who are striving for success. When it comes to experience and gaining skills. This job is perfect for that. My review is based on my experience and my experience alone. I simply cannot tell you that you will love this job. But personally I love this job. I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. To those that got an interview and got accepted. Just try for a week, don't quit on your first day, you might like this job.
Pros
Experience, Skills impovement.
Cons
Absolutely love it! Salary, you get paid for what you put into it. But they provide you with all the daily training, reading and roleplaying to make you a top rep. Started in the Toronto office and now in Alberta for the summer sales program. The sales team feels like family. The managers push you to be the best in all areas of your life, not just in sales for them. I find the job has really changed the way I interact with everyone in my life for the better, I find I see huge improvements in other areas of my life that have been created from ADT. It's scary in the beginning, but it's so rewarding and the money is ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. Can't expect the big bucks on day 1, compound interest.
Pros
Supportive team, Money, Self-improvement in many areas of life
Cons
knocking outside in all weather. Hard in the beginning because it's scary when it's new
I Have almost completed a year now with alarm guard , i love working here as it suits me in every-way. I feel this company has given me great start with my future. everyone working here are very helpful and really nice. great place to work
Pros
everything about this place
Cons
nothing
Authorized dealer for ADT by Telus, genuinely good products at reasonable prices. Management is helpful and nice co-workers. Office is well connected by public transit. You can move up the ladder if you work hard. Not much micro-management.
- False hope at excelling into different positions - Unsavory Practices - Unscrupulous Employer/Owner While Alarm Guard had lots of nice people working for the company, the overall atmosphere, including but not limited to, false promises, lack of morality and unsavory practices made it a very difficult place to excel/enjoy.
Pros
Majority of employees very personable
Cons
Lots of lies, Unsavory practices
Horrible place to work. Minimum wage for bilingual staff. Hours kept changing. No respect of any kind. Need a revolving door at the entrance because people leave so soon after they start.
They get you in for an interview and not really tell you it's actually a door-to-door job. Staffs are extremely friendly but I am certain that 90% of the sales reps are not happy there. You start off with a base salary and quickly learn that you will be converted to commission only. Imagine knocking on 100 strangers doors daily and hoping they would buy a 3 year contract to make a living. This is a fine starting point if you want to learn a few things about sales but unfortunately nothing long term.
fun workplace. sell home security door to door. good if you want to improve your sales skills and gain experience. this job will teach you communication skills.
Pros
fun workplace
First and foremost they put you through sales training where you learn abysmally offensive sales tactics. I'm astounded they advise people to act like this in someone else's home. They prey on the most desperate of people. Their turnover is so high (90%+) they won't even give you a free shirt, binder or paper because they're afraid of losing money. They interview view but will accept you regardless of where you come from. The trainers can barely spell and are clearly uneducated and show only the skill of deceiving people. Some individuals in training looked borderline homeless. Don't be mislead by the job description. You will be walking door to door pushing people to be a security system - even if they already have one. Their salary figures are completely fake. They say you can make 20,000 in 4 months or 1000 a week, but everyday they tell you it's smaller and smaller. In training they tell you around 600 a week, and your team leader will tell you that's unrealistic. It's a business based on lies and you will feel guilty as a person by working here. Their gym is 3 generic workout machines on a disgusting floor in a place that looks like it was meant to be a mechanics shop. You will go hours out of your way to try and get one sale and most likely won't, because nobody wants to buy a security system from someone who's goal is to find the easiest way into their house, but with them in front of them. Stay away. You're honestly better off staying at home. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
First, this place is a health hazard, it had not been maintained properly. Not only it is dirty, air circulation is also very poor inside the office. Heat/AC often malfunctions and had not been cleaned for many years. No hot water in any tap, bathrooms are dark and have no ventilations or windows at all. The office is surrounded by many "spy camera" looking at worker's desk, workers are not allowed to interact with others or the owner will either call or come over to tell you to face back to your own desk. The management also allow bullies and of course they are the biggest bullies themselves. Swearing words, yelling and verbal harassments are all over the place. They would also hire every single person who comes in for an interview to be their "contract outside sales", which is 100% commission, no background check is required. These new recruits will be all travelling on a company vehicle to get drop off to do door-to-door sales and giving out the company flyer about home security system. If you are lucky enough to get a sales during the trip, you will get pay in about a week time after it is being installed. The only benefit to work here is because it is very close to home, and working inside the office get stable salary and always get paid on time.
Pros
Close to home with bus stop at front door
Cons
Everything else
Definitely the most fun working experience that I have been in. Not designed for everyone due to the nature of the role, you will be putting through tests for your interpersonal skills, ability to connect with people and good salesmanship. When you really get comfortable and become sufficient with this job, you will be rewarded greatly with both experience and compensation.
Pros
Experience, Learning opportunity, Improve sales skills
Cons
Work outside of regular hours, Takes commitment to do well
Management kept lying, they don't tell you everything and then when you ask questions they get defensive. Sketchy company, they aren't truthful to their employees nor their customers. Lying to get by, really not an honest place to work for.
Pros
"Unlimited work since its door to door"
Cons
Lies, bad management, fake promises
Working at AGS gives you the freedom to earn unlimited income. The 30 - 90 day excel management training is second to none.. Hands on field training. You will learn how to run a small business. And can eventually open up your own office any where in Canada.
Pros
Sponsored vacations... Trips to Cancun, Cabo, Bahamas.
Cons
Long hours. not for the small thinking hourly person.
This company really knows how to take someone with little to no experience and help train and educate the people that represent them. Everyone has been super friendly so far and I honestly cannot complain. Management is very patient and cares about being there to help guide and find answers. Coming from sales background typically people don't like to work together to help one another out. Not with these guys and gals. They are there to make it fun and exciting every single day.
Pros
Training provided
Before going for the interview, please do more research about the company and what they do to make sure you understand the position before coming in. If you apply for sale position, do not think that you are coming in for office based/management position AND vice versa. The company is not a fraud like the previous comments. The people there works like others to earn their paycheque. If you dare to dream big and walk the talk, you will definitely be a good fit!
Pros
put in hard work and you will be very successful here, I have seen people staying with the company for 5-10 years
Cons
must be very self-discipline to push yourself forward and work harder
Exciting place to work for, especially if you want to build your confidence and communication skills Go out, talk to a lot of new people every day, very challenging for an introvert like me, but I eventually get out of my comfort zone to master it. Can say proudly that I can talk to anyone now. Great money if you work hard.
Pros
lots of room for growth, work harder, make more income, no limitation on a "capped salary"
Cons
may work in bad weather condition, but that is the time you make the most deals
no planing long days no live out side of the job they bring you to places ware it is next to impossible to make a sale if i were you i'll keep looking for a job
Cons
it's all cons
Individual differences. It might be a fun place for you. It is an interesting job especially when we had to interact in the meeting before going on field.
Dont work there unless you have nothing better to do.... They lie. They have you work for long hours with no base pay. its NOT GOOD for students..as they try to sell you. Everyone who works there leaves asap
Pros
Fun co-workers, depending
Cons
long hours. no base. company lies about commission, low-life jerks