Alarm Guard Security
Alarm Guard Security Employee Review

You will LOSE money at this job!

5 September 2018
This job actually makes you LOSE money every day you work. If you make no money (almost always) but still pay transit fares twice and also stop for lunch and dinner, YOU ARE LOSING MONEY AND NEED TO FIND A NEW JOB. $800-$1000 A WEEK IS UNREALISTIC. The vast majority of people quit once they realize how one person realistically can only get 0-1 sales per week, even if they keep working and gain experience. They also lie because I was told a $75 compensation if 3 presentations were given, but at training, I found out you make nothing for no sales. Training is also unpaid! The work day doesn't go from 1-9. They want you there at 12, then you wait around 60-90 min for your team lead. You waste hours getting there and buying lunch (the place you do is often AT LEAST) an hour away. During these hours you can often find the other sales reps complain about also barely making any money from this job. You only really start hitting doors at around 5, and once 9 hits, you gotta make the 1+ hr drive back. Not only that, you waste time stopping and buying dinner, which again, you made no sales today, so you're losing more money. You realistically get back to the office at 11 -12ish and now have to commute back. In all, just an awful experience.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cons
Everything. Please don't work here. It's a waste of time and money.
11 March 2020
Same location
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) - North York, ON
I took this D2D role as a recent university graduate with an objective to enhance my people's skills. Due to my introverted nature, I chose to step out of my comfort zone by meeting strangers. It was a good experience in this sense and there were encouraging and supporting managers. It can be fun if you enjoy the work. Most sales reps last at most for a week or two. The payment was purely commission-based and only when a contract is signed and a security system is successfully installed in the customer's house. But there is ABSOLUTELY no communication from the managers and administration regarding canceled installations. I find out on payday. The managers keep stressing the fact that they cannot tolerate dishonesty towards the customers, yet they are betraying the trust of employees. The whole company takes advantage of young graduates and present them with false hopes. I get that income is uncapped but there are several external factors as well such as cold climate, and the fact that the manager kept procrastinating on printing my ID Badge. These are just some of my awful experiences. There is much more.
24 October 2019
Same location
Sales Representative (Former Employee) - North York, ON
Alarm Guard provides on the job training not only on its products but also on how to make sales in general and address people's wants and needs to capitalize on them. Possiblity of growth within the company from sales rep to team leader and possibly branch manager if you make sales and show exceptional skills. Also, provided with a free gym, pool table, tennis table and the possibility to travel around Ontario
12 August 2020
sales(Top Sales) (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
Pros
good
Cons
good
  1. You will LOSE money at this job!