Alarm Guard Security
Alarm Guard Security Employee Review

Prodcutive fun workplace and great experience

24 October 2019
Alarm Guard provides on the job training not only on its products but also on how to make sales in general and address people's wants and needs to capitalize on them. Possiblity of growth within the company from sales rep to team leader and possibly branch manager if you make sales and show exceptional skills. Also, provided with a free gym, pool table, tennis table and the possibility to travel around Ontario
3.0Job security/advancement
12 August 2020
Same role
sales(Top Sales) (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
good
good
30 June 2020
Same role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Work from Home
This job at ADT is helping me with my communication skills and the ability to think on my feet. It is very collaborative with team meetings to practice and discuss scenarios while talking on the phone and having multiple points of view really helps. We each have our own style of talking to people and we find what works best for us. Superiors are available to help 24/7 with any problem.
Pros
Very collaborative and teaches communication skills
5 September 2018
Same location
Door to door sales (Former Employee) - North York, ON
This job actually makes you LOSE money every day you work. If you make no money (almost always) but still pay transit fares twice and also stop for lunch and dinner, YOU ARE LOSING MONEY AND NEED TO FIND A NEW JOB. $800-$1000 A WEEK IS UNREALISTIC. The vast majority of people quit once they realize how one person realistically can only get 0-1 sales per week, even if they keep working and gain experience. They also lie because I was told a $75 compensation if 3 presentations were given, but at training, I found out you make nothing for no sales. Training is also unpaid! The work day doesn't go from 1-9. They want you there at 12, then you wait around 60-90 min for your team lead. You waste hours getting there and buying lunch (the place you do is often AT LEAST) an hour away. During these hours you can often find the other sales reps complain about also barely making any money from this job. You only really start hitting doors at around 5, and once 9 hits, you gotta make the 1+ hr drive back. Not only that, you waste time stopping and buying dinner, which again, you made no sales today, so you're losing more money. You realistically get back to the office at 11 -12ish and now have to commute back. In all, just an awful experience.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Please don't work here. It's a waste of time and money.
  1. Prodcutive fun workplace and great experience