Alarm Guard Security
Alarm Guard Security Employee Review

No good for nothing.

29 May 2019
First and foremost they put you through sales training where you learn abysmally offensive sales tactics. I'm astounded they advise people to act like this in someone else's home. They prey on the most desperate of people. Their turnover is so high (90%+) they won't even give you a free shirt, binder or paper because they're afraid of losing money. They interview view but will accept you regardless of where you come from. The trainers can barely spell and are clearly uneducated and show only the skill of deceiving people. Some individuals in training looked borderline homeless. Don't be mislead by the job description. You will be walking door to door pushing people to be a security system - even if they already have one. Their salary figures are completely fake. They say you can make 20,000 in 4 months or 1000 a week, but everyday they tell you it's smaller and smaller. In training they tell you around 600 a week, and your team leader will tell you that's unrealistic. It's a business based on lies and you will feel guilty as a person by working here. Their gym is 3 generic workout machines on a disgusting floor in a place that looks like it was meant to be a mechanics shop. You will go hours out of your way to try and get one sale and most likely won't, because nobody wants to buy a security system from someone who's goal is to find the easiest way into their house, but with them in front of them. Stay away. You're honestly better off staying at home. Don't waste your time.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
12 August 2020
Same role
sales(Top Sales) (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
good
good
30 June 2020
Same role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Work from Home
This job at ADT is helping me with my communication skills and the ability to think on my feet. It is very collaborative with team meetings to practice and discuss scenarios while talking on the phone and having multiple points of view really helps. We each have our own style of talking to people and we find what works best for us. Superiors are available to help 24/7 with any problem.
Pros
Very collaborative and teaches communication skills
30 June 2020
Same location
Summer Sales Associate & Technician (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Absolutely love it! Salary, you get paid for what you put into it. But they provide you with all the daily training, reading and roleplaying to make you a top rep. Started in the Toronto office and now in Alberta for the summer sales program. The sales team feels like family. The managers push you to be the best in all areas of your life, not just in sales for them. I find the job has really changed the way I interact with everyone in my life for the better, I find I see huge improvements in other areas of my life that have been created from ADT. It's scary in the beginning, but it's so rewarding and the money is ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. Can't expect the big bucks on day 1, compound interest.
Pros
Supportive team, Money, Self-improvement in many areas of life
Cons
knocking outside in all weather. Hard in the beginning because it's scary when it's new