Alarm Guard Security
Alarm Guard Security Employee Review

Health Hazard, Poor work culture

6 November 2018
First, this place is a health hazard, it had not been maintained properly. Not only it is dirty, air circulation is also very poor inside the office. Heat/AC often malfunctions and had not been cleaned for many years. No hot water in any tap, bathrooms are dark and have no ventilations or windows at all. The office is surrounded by many "spy camera" looking at worker's desk, workers are not allowed to interact with others or the owner will either call or come over to tell you to face back to your own desk. The management also allow bullies and of course they are the biggest bullies themselves. Swearing words, yelling and verbal harassments are all over the place. They would also hire every single person who comes in for an interview to be their "contract outside sales", which is 100% commission, no background check is required. These new recruits will be all travelling on a company vehicle to get drop off to do door-to-door sales and giving out the company flyer about home security system. If you are lucky enough to get a sales during the trip, you will get pay in about a week time after it is being installed. The only benefit to work here is because it is very close to home, and working inside the office get stable salary and always get paid on time.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Close to home with bus stop at front door
Cons
Everything else
30 June 2020
Summer Sales Associate & Technician (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Absolutely love it! Salary, you get paid for what you put into it. But they provide you with all the daily training, reading and roleplaying to make you a top rep. Started in the Toronto office and now in Alberta for the summer sales program. The sales team feels like family. The managers push you to be the best in all areas of your life, not just in sales for them. I find the job has really changed the way I interact with everyone in my life for the better, I find I see huge improvements in other areas of my life that have been created from ADT. It's scary in the beginning, but it's so rewarding and the money is ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. Can't expect the big bucks on day 1, compound interest.
Pros
Supportive team, Money, Self-improvement in many areas of life
Cons
knocking outside in all weather. Hard in the beginning because it's scary when it's new
26 June 2020
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
I Have almost completed a year now with alarm guard , i love working here as it suits me in every-way. I feel this company has given me great start with my future. everyone working here are very helpful and really nice. great place to work
Pros
everything about this place
Cons
nothing
25 June 2020
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Authorized dealer for ADT by Telus, genuinely good products at reasonable prices. Management is helpful and nice co-workers. Office is well connected by public transit. You can move up the ladder if you work hard. Not much micro-management.
  1. Health Hazard, Poor work culture