Alarm Guard Security
Alarm Guard Security Employee Review

Dishonesty and Hypocrisy

11 March 2020
I took this D2D role as a recent university graduate with an objective to enhance my people's skills. Due to my introverted nature, I chose to step out of my comfort zone by meeting strangers. It was a good experience in this sense and there were encouraging and supporting managers. It can be fun if you enjoy the work. Most sales reps last at most for a week or two. The payment was purely commission-based and only when a contract is signed and a security system is successfully installed in the customer's house. But there is ABSOLUTELY no communication from the managers and administration regarding canceled installations. I find out on payday. The managers keep stressing the fact that they cannot tolerate dishonesty towards the customers, yet they are betraying the trust of employees. The whole company takes advantage of young graduates and present them with false hopes. I get that income is uncapped but there are several external factors as well such as cold climate, and the fact that the manager kept procrastinating on printing my ID Badge. These are just some of my awful experiences. There is much more.
3.0Job security/advancement
12 August 2020
Same role
sales(Top Sales) (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
Pros
good
Cons
good
30 June 2020
Same role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Work from Home
This job at ADT is helping me with my communication skills and the ability to think on my feet. It is very collaborative with team meetings to practice and discuss scenarios while talking on the phone and having multiple points of view really helps. We each have our own style of talking to people and we find what works best for us. Superiors are available to help 24/7 with any problem.
Pros
Very collaborative and teaches communication skills
Cons
24 October 2019
Same roleSame location
Sales Representative (Former Employee) - North York, ON
Alarm Guard provides on the job training not only on its products but also on how to make sales in general and address people's wants and needs to capitalize on them. Possiblity of growth within the company from sales rep to team leader and possibly branch manager if you make sales and show exceptional skills. Also, provided with a free gym, pool table, tennis table and the possibility to travel around Ontario