Alarm Guard Security
Alarm Guard Security Employee Review

Could be fun if you enjoy the work

20 February 2020
They get you in for an interview and not really tell you it's actually a door-to-door job. Staffs are extremely friendly but I am certain that 90% of the sales reps are not happy there. You start off with a base salary and quickly learn that you will be converted to commission only. Imagine knocking on 100 strangers doors daily and hoping they would buy a 3 year contract to make a living. This is a fine starting point if you want to learn a few things about sales but unfortunately nothing long term.
1.0Job security/advancement
12 August 2020
Same role
sales(Top Sales) (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
We have good training about one week. And learned a lot of sales skills in the company. I get sales confidence from this job and the manager is a very good person teaching me a lot.
good
good
30 June 2020
Same role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Work from Home
This job at ADT is helping me with my communication skills and the ability to think on my feet. It is very collaborative with team meetings to practice and discuss scenarios while talking on the phone and having multiple points of view really helps. We each have our own style of talking to people and we find what works best for us. Superiors are available to help 24/7 with any problem.
Pros
Very collaborative and teaches communication skills
30 June 2020
Same location
Summer Sales Associate & Technician (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
Absolutely love it! Salary, you get paid for what you put into it. But they provide you with all the daily training, reading and roleplaying to make you a top rep. Started in the Toronto office and now in Alberta for the summer sales program. The sales team feels like family. The managers push you to be the best in all areas of your life, not just in sales for them. I find the job has really changed the way I interact with everyone in my life for the better, I find I see huge improvements in other areas of my life that have been created from ADT. It's scary in the beginning, but it's so rewarding and the money is ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. Can't expect the big bucks on day 1, compound interest.
Pros
Supportive team, Money, Self-improvement in many areas of life
Cons
knocking outside in all weather. Hard in the beginning because it's scary when it's new
  1. Could be fun if you enjoy the work